cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Issue Rift S

dennisluf
Honored Guest
Hello everyone, 
I own my rift s roughly since release and i have never had this kind of problem. Basicly my touch Controllers lose tracking when they vibrate or when something happens linke a shot or something linke that. 
For example when i use the lightsabers in oculus home when i strike the wall the tracking goes crazy bonkers. 
Or when i play pavlov everything is good untill i shoot. Its then like the rifle is shifting away from me in different directions and the trigger doesnt let go when i let go. 

Hast anyone experienced  a similar issue?

Oh and here are my system specs btw. 
Ryzen 7 2700x
R9 Fury X drivers all up to date
Asus x470 TUF Mainboard
16gb RAM
Win 10 pro up to date 

Help is greatly appreciated 🙂
18 REPLIES 18

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @dennisluf, I'm sorry to hear you're having tracking issues. We are aware of this behavior and are working on a software enhancement in a future release to the Oculus software. We currently don't have an ETA though. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Meter_Sticks
Explorer
I am having the same problem and it gets worse when i grip the front of the assault rifles in pavlov it just shift to the sides and it goes sicko mode.

dennisluf
Honored Guest
@OculusSupport so is it related to the vibration? As a workaround is there any option to disable controller vibration?

randaddy
Honored Guest
I've also got this issue on my Rift S, never experienced it before. Confirmed in Contractors and Onward as well. FPS's are unplayable for me at the moment. Is there any way to temporarily disable vibration on the touch controllers?

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I've not played any VR for like two weeks but since reading this post I'll try my Rift S tonight and see if this happens to me as well.

Doesn't sound good but hopefully they patch it soon.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

randaddy
Honored Guest

randaddy said:

I've also got this issue on my Rift S, never experienced it before. Confirmed in Contractors and Onward as well. FPS's are unplayable for me at the moment. Is there any way to temporarily disable vibration on the touch controllers?

Update: Switched to a previously unused USB 3.0 port (had been using 3.1 ports) and it seems to have fixed the issue. Perhaps something happened with a recent update that made the power requirements higher/more sensitive?

mobo is a Gigabyte AB350N Gaming wifi (due for an update!)

SockDP
Explorer
I have the same issue... The Rift S functions quite well overall now on my overclocked Ryzen 7 2700 to 3.85GHz and overclocked MSI GeForce GTX 1080 after recent updates, but vibrations STILL cause me to get wonky and even loss of tracking when holding two handed weapons like guns and ESPECIALLY bows (standout, Skyrim VR, and Asgard’s wrath which includes problems with the throwing axe). This has been an issue since day one and I’ve had my Rift S for quite awhile now. However, turning off vibrations in in-game settings fixes everything and creates what you might call a “perfectly” smooth experience and yes, I have already tried all my USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports and only 2 of them work consistently (the one’s NOT directly on my motherboard; also tried disabling the power shut off for the USBs as suggested by Oculus support and the forums, that made no difference) without total loss of tracking after 10 mins of gameplay. When can we expect an update to fix this haptics/tracking issue? I don’t mind playing without vibrations, but the haptic feedback really adds to the experience of immersion and reaction to objects and impacts in VR, when it works properly...

BTW: It might be worth it to mention that my motherboard is an “ASUS ROG Strix X470-I” as well.

Akkaross
Honored Guest
I have the same issue too ... :'(

Meter_Sticks
Explorer
Oculus please solve this problem I have had it ever since I purchased it back in August, I have tried everything everyone has recommended. Please fix it, it really sucks running atround in boneworks and beatsaber and when i move too quickly or shoot or hit a block it glitches and drifts.