cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loud.noises still crashing the rift to black screen

harveysimpson39
Explorer
As the title says, if I unplug headphones which is my current temporary fix, any loud noises cause my rift s to crash to a black screen.

This is better post patch 1.38 but it still happens.

Did anybody ever find a fix for this problem?

It would be nice to use the rift's built in sound system sometimes...

7 REPLIES 7

harveysimpson39
Explorer
Mini bump

harveysimpson39
Explorer
I'm surprised nobody has commented on this.

While my rift S works perfectly with headphones plugged in, as soon as I unplug them and use the headset speakers it crashes to a black screen.

Please?! Anyone??!! 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Sounds like you have a sound driver problem maybe ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

harveysimpson39
Explorer
I hadn't considered that angle but I'll give it a try.

I'm thinking it must be a power issue and considering investing in a powered USB hub.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Try the sound drivers first before expense 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

harveysimpson39
Explorer
So I actually fixed it.

I simply reduced the volume to.about 65 %

I wonder why that worked!!!

Cechri
Honored Guest
I think your post may have fixed my issue! I have been having the "phantom controller/low battery critical error" over the last couple of weeks. Have been working with Oculus Support to try and fix it but none of their suggestions were working. I found your thread yesterday and it made me pay attention to the sound when my error occurred and they seemed like they might be correlated. So I decided to plug in a set of earbuds and give it a try, low and behold I am able to play without a hitch! I have been able to get my headset volume up to 80% without earbuds, at 90% the error returns. I will be updating my support ticket with this info hopefully, they can give it a quick fix for all of us.