New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Loud.noises still crashing the rift to black screen

As the title says, if I unplug headphones which is my current temporary fix, any loud noises cause my rift s to crash to a black screen.

This is better post patch 1.38 but it still happens.

Did anybody ever find a fix for this problem?

It would be nice to use the rift's built in sound system sometimes...

Comments

• harveysimpson39harveysimpson39 Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Mini bump
    Brain Burst
    I'm surprised nobody has commented on this.

While my rift S works perfectly with headphones plugged in, as soon as I unplug them and use the headset speakers it crashes to a black screen.

Please?! Anyone??!! 
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,863 Volunteer Moderator
    Sounds like you have a sound driver problem maybe ?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Brain Burst
    I hadn't considered that angle but I'll give it a try.

I'm thinking it must be a power issue and considering investing in a powered USB hub.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,863 Volunteer Moderator
    Try the sound drivers first before expense ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Brain Burst
    So I actually fixed it.

I simply reduced the volume to.about 65 %

I wonder why that worked!!!
  • CechriCechri Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    I think your post may have fixed my issue! I have been having the "phantom controller/low battery critical error" over the last couple of weeks. Have been working with Oculus Support to try and fix it but none of their suggestions were working. I found your thread yesterday and it made me pay attention to the sound when my error occurred and they seemed like they might be correlated. So I decided to plug in a set of earbuds and give it a try, low and behold I am able to play without a hitch! I have been able to get my headset volume up to 80% without earbuds, at 90% the error returns. I will be updating my support ticket with this info hopefully, they can give it a quick fix for all of us.