Rift 1.40 Release Rolling Out Now - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.40 Release Rolling Out Now

2»

Comments

• Twisted_Midnight420Twisted_Midnight420 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I have been using this update now for a couple of days and i can't believe how awesome it has made my VR expirence on my Rift S i am expirencing no tracking lag with batteries full or half charge everything feels way smoother and i like the new store. So great job guys thanks for all the hardwork.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,712 Volunteer Moderator
    Yeah, the new store is an improvement—no more slow loading of a different environment, just a nice snappy menu switch. With the old one, I actively avoided opening the store in VR. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • NijNij Posts: 310
    Nexus 6
    edited August 23
    I have been using this update now for a couple of days and i can't believe how awesome it has made my VR expirence on my Rift S i am expirencing no tracking lag with batteries full or half charge everything feels way smoother and i like the new store. So great job guys thanks for all the hardwork.

nalex66 said:
    Yeah, the new store is an improvement—no more slow loading of a different environment, just a nice snappy menu switch. With the old one, I actively avoided opening the store in VR. 
    Yeah totally agree, the tracking seems so much better, especially playing zero caliber, and it's nice to see some people happy with the update, instead of people having issues

Can you guys remember if you had an update on your touch controlers as I was changing the batteries during the install and it seemed to just stop and reload oculus, so was wondering if I messed up the install
    I was a believer!! I was a Kickstarter backer!! Now I shall reap the rewards!!! :D :D :D
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,712 Volunteer Moderator
    I didn’t see any indication of a Touch update (but I’m using a CV1, so it’s possible there might have been one only for Touch 2.0). 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • NijNij Posts: 310
    Nexus 6
    nalex66 said:
    I didn’t see any indication of a Touch update (but I’m using a CV1, so it’s possible there might have been one only for Touch 2.0). 
    cheers dude
    I was a believer!! I was a Kickstarter backer!! Now I shall reap the rewards!!! :D :D :D
  • Dassa73Dassa73 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    No word on trigger release lag?
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,027 Valuable Player
    Am I the only one that would like the old store environment as a separate template for another home?  I think it would be awesome and wouldn’t be a waste. 
  • Cpt_420Cpt_420 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    after this patch i had 3 right hand controllers usb yellow again and  warning saying no headset connected so i boxed it up and sent it back for a  refund after spending £1200  on a rig  yeah yeah i clean installed too
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,259
    Wintermute
    edited August 24
    Digikid1 said:
    Am I the only one that would like the old store environment as a separate template for another home?  I think it would be awesome and wouldn’t be a waste. 

Ya, that is about the only environment I would want to use as well.  Otherwise, I'll just continue using the Big White Cube custom environment (see link below).  You would think that it would be pretty easy to offer the old store environment.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/661824#Comment_661824

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,115
    Wintermute
    Cpt_420 said:
    after this patch i had 3 right hand controllers usb yellow again and  warning saying no headset connected so i boxed it up and sent it back for a  refund after spending £1200  on a rig  yeah yeah i clean installed too

I can't say I blame you. I mean, you went all out with the trouble shooting. A clean install should fix everything.
    Hey, good luck with your next big spend buddy.

P.S. If you haven't really sent it back, you could try getting some help from support.............
    https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    It could be a simple thing that fixes it, and you'll forget all about your massive trouble shooting woes, if you get it going.

Come on, do a proper job.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • ShiroiSakuraVRShiroiSakuraVR Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    My mic still goes off after a short time and even the Oculus Support dont find a solution, send me so many things i had to try already but nothing worked.

So seems the Rift S got a lot of problems and the support tried to tell me already that the mic problem would be no hardware issue...ok :D 
  • BLADE_13BLADE_13 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Ever since 1.40 update I get sensors can’t track headset error!!!! Wtf man 
  • HailHogeHailHoge Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    oculus support said what we not announce displayport not working issue because cause unknown.  and i waiting 2 mo. 
    As far as I know, this issue began to be reported on 2019-05-24.
    I hope the next update will fix the issue.
  • BLADE_13BLADE_13 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    So if anyone has eset Internet security you will need to uninstall to make rifts work! My issue was eset blocking the camera or USB activity.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,027 Valuable Player
    BLADE_13 said:
    So if anyone has eset Internet security you will need to uninstall to make rifts work! My issue was eset blocking the camera or USB activity.
    Nonsense. I use and sell ESET at my workplace and it has never ever interfered with Rift. You must have had a custom rule set. 
  • BigBadBatchBigBadBatch Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I keep getting a red dot close to the rift s (in software) with a request of "Oculus Software restart required"
  • huliqanhuliqan Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    edited September 2
    Why does the Oculus force everyone to switch to the extreme 1903 version of win, which shows itself much worse in games than previous versions, for example 1607?
    in 1607 last 1.40 works with issue (restarting home after removing and re-putting the helmet on the head in a few minutes)
    Microsoft pays for such updates ??? (((
    It would be better to add support for win 7, as it is for CV1 !!!