Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RattyUK said:

RedRizla said:

@RattyUK - Obviously you who has played the game can see a difference, but having not played the game myself, I can't tell the difference unless both shots are taken in the same light and place.

Ok, although night and day - this demonstrates quite well  - both are taken from my base (as above) except I've just taken the bit that is important 🙂
phkyfs46svs2.jpg

yxf08e08vbuo.jpg

Frigates with hoops...
In Beyond the details of the ships 'pop-in' just before arriving at the frigate!

If they had to dumb it down that much for the Rift S, I'd hate to see an Oculus Quest version. I'm guessing those ships would disappear altogether if this was Oculus Quest.
Here's the bit I don't get. I've seen much better games that have better graphics then No Mans Sky in VR, so why have they had to dumb it down like this?
Just want to say I thought you meant the large freighter at first that's why I didn't notice.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
A recent patch mentioned a fix for a LOD problem, which sounds like what you’re experiencing. It may be worth having another look with the latest version. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RattyUK
Trustee

RedRizla said:

RattyUK said:

RedRizla said:

@RattyUK - Obviously you who has played the game can see a difference, but having not played the game myself, I can't tell the difference unless both shots are taken in the same light and place.

Ok, although night and day - this demonstrates quite well  - both are taken from my base (as above) except I've just taken the bit that is important 🙂
phkyfs46svs2.jpg

yxf08e08vbuo.jpg

Frigates with hoops...
In Beyond the details of the ships 'pop-in' just before arriving at the frigate!

If they had to dumb it down that much for the Rift S, I'd hate to see an Oculus Quest version. I'm guessing those ships would disappear altogether if this was Oculus Quest.
Here's the bit I don't get. I've seen much better games that have better graphics the No Mans Sky in VR, so why have they had to dumb it down like this?
Just want to say I thought you meant the large freighter at first that's why I didn't notice.

Those are from pancake 4K Ultra....
VR is marginally worse, but an Oculus patch is likely arriving soon as VR excluding Oculus had an update Friday I think.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
OpenComposite has a new version that fixes the control issues in NMS, haven't tried it yet though!

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I finally built an exocraft. The terrain is so rough that it wasn't fun to drive but that was my first drive. 

I also own a fleet with 2 ships. I lost one ship on some mission. I feel like I wasted U 8 mil on a freighter that's not earning me any money. If the freighter survives an expedition I get like 100k units but it costs me millions if they get destroyed. 

They do a good job in guiding you through active tutorials but the game is still very complicated. 

Tip: Once you get a frigate use it to travel because it uses far less antimatter than your personal spaceship. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I've just gotten to the story part where you come across an abandoned, damaged starship (still pretty early on). I'm hoping I can fix it up and start using it, but I'm not sure about getting or refining some of the needed materials. I've build a second small base there so I can find my way back. My game was a bit crashy tonight--it froze twice while I was getting my base put together, so I had to redo a bunch of pain-in-the-ass resource collection and building.

Does anyone know how to reduce the beam size of the terrain manipulator for mining deposits? If I go into the Mode menu on the back of the right hand, I can change the beam size for creating terrain (with the grip buttons), but I can't get it to take for removing terrain. I've read that you get much more resources from a deposit with the smallest beam size, so it would be nice to figure out how to do that.

Edit: I read on Reddit that if you open the left hand menu (Quick Menu), then the grip buttons work to resize the terrain manipulator beam for subtractive mode. Will test tonight.

Edit 2: That worked. The smallest beam size gave me a TON more copper out of a deposit--like 5x more! It took a lot longer to mine, but the amount of materials was worth it. I also had to replenish my terrain manipulator a few times before I was done, but it can run on Silicate Powder, which you always end up getting plenty of while you're digging.

Luciferous
Consultant
Oi spoiler alert lol

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Spoiler alert: this game features spaceships, and you can acquire new ones as you progress.

I just meant that it wasn’t a random discovery, it was at one of the beacons that the game has you following from the beginning. I’m assuming that this is meant to be my first opportunity to upgrade to a better ship than the starting one, but I don’t know yet because I haven’t determined whether I can fix it. 

Luciferous
Consultant
There you go again, you mean there are spaceships in NMS 😉

I am currently at the main menu. 🙂 just in case anybody has not launched it yet. Don't want to spoil it for those who didn't know it had a menu. 

msm903
Protege

nalex66 said:

I've just gotten to the story part where you come across an abandoned, damaged starship (still pretty early on). I'm hoping I can fix it up and start using it, but I'm not sure about getting or refining some of the needed materials. I've build a second small base there so I can find my way back. My game was a bit crashy tonight--it froze twice while I was getting my base put together, so I had to redo a bunch of pain-in-the-ass resource collection and building.

Does anyone know how to reduce the beam size of the terrain manipulator for mining deposits? If I go into the Mode menu on the back of the right hand, I can change the beam size for creating terrain (with the grip buttons), but I can't get it to take for removing terrain. I've read that you get much more resources from a deposit with the smallest beam size, so it would be nice to figure out how to do that.

Edit: I read on Reddit that if you open the left hand menu (Quick Menu), then the grip buttons work to resize the terrain manipulator beam for subtractive mode. Will test tonight.

I have crashes more often when I utilize Steam VR Beta.