cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing issue (headset not found) Oculus Quest

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I am desperate, my oculus Quest simply does not pairing with the app (the code is right).
I've tried everything, including contacting support.
Is anyone going through the same problem?

*Refund or unity change is not an option for me, I'm in Brazil.
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it connected to the same wifi network as the smartphone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not go beyond the first step of the setup which is pairing via Bluetooth. I don’t know if it is a Bluetooth problem or even if the headset has provides a wrong code. I tried everything, reinstall the app, turn on/off the phone, headset factory reset and so on.

I have an iPhone 6s Plus (IOS 12.4) also tried with other two Android-based phones.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, just watched the setup video...I thought it was wifi first, but you're correct...bluetooth first. If you've typed in the code, and it's still not working, then maybe there's an issue with the bluetooth itself. My pc can see the Quest in pairing mode, maybe see if it shows up on your phone's bluetooth scan(?).

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's ok  🙂
No, it never appeared at active bluetooth devices.  😞 
Almost 100% which is a bluetooth issue but the question is, hardware or firmware?
Just a observation... Controls are working fine, not only the tracking but the buttons too which needs a bluetooth connection I guess.
Thanks dude.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you can figure it out...cheers.

edit: stupid question...is bluetooth enabled on the phone? 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it is enabled.

For all those who have the same problem... Support has returned to me with the solution.
It is a faulty unit, need to send to the US to be replaced 
:'( 

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Had this yesterday at once. My Android was not able to pair and bluetooth was active. So I checked it with the iphone and there it worked. I had to restard my smartphone and it worked again. I guess you restarted your smartpone to sort that possibility out?
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is enabled.

For all those who have the same problem... Support has returned to me with the solution.
It is a faulty unit, need to send to the US to be replaced  :'( 

I had to ask...I usually keep the bluetooth disabled on my phone. 😛 Well, at least they're going to replace it. I did an RMA a few months ago on my Rift CV1, 2 weeks before the warranty expired. I think in total it took 2 weeks from Vancouver...maybe a few days less. They pay for shipping, but you pay for packaging. 😛 They sent it back in a box with a nice thick black foam cutout though, just took a bit of carving to fit my Quest with the DAS headstrap for storage. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't imagine how Oculus QA did not catch this failure point in the project or maybe it was tracked but the effort to resolve that would not worth, considering the number of units affected.

I will send this piece of shit back to the US.

Thanks all for the replies.