cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Rift S] Oculus home never loads, endless spinning load icon.

xondk
Explorer
So for some reason it seems oculus home has stopped working, despite everything else working fine.
What can be done about this? And yes it persists over reboots.
6 REPLIES 6

TheAudi
Explorer
Same Issue as you Buddy, but I'm on the Quest.

BLACKLODGEGAMES
Honored Guest
Same issue.  If I repair the Oculus software, then after the repair the headset works until I try to launch any VR application not natively designed for Oculus.  For instance, loading Steam VR doesn't work, and leaves me with this never loading Oculus Home issue, even after reboots.  I also did a system restore from 7 days ago (this problem just started this morning.)  System restore didn't help at all.

EDIT: I have the CV1

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe make sure you have selected Unknown Sources on your Oculus Desktop App settings/general tab.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Crusty_Moist
Explorer
All i did was restart my oculus and if that didn't work I would just restart my pc

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

All i did was restart my oculus and if that didn't work I would just restart my pc

Try to download your Oculus software and run Repair.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

falken76
Expert Consultant
My Rift has a problem with loading the software also.  If I reboot the machine and then try to load the software, it takes forever to load, sometimes up to 10 minutes, it's not actually loading all that time, it seems like something has to time out before it will proceed.  I'm sure it has something to do with resolution.  The Rift is seen as a virtual monitor.  Sometimes my main monitor will boot into a higher resolution screen than I usually use.  I have it on the highest setting right now, but for some reason it's like there's another higher setting I can never see, but when it boots into this mode the selected res is viewable.  When THIS happens, the Rift has no issues with loading, it boots right up.  I suspect it has something to do with the Rift's Virtual Monitor resolution.  When I've submitted my logs, Oculus response was it has to be something with USB.  Needless to say that was useless and didn't help me at all, I gave up since support never seemed to care about the issue and I got the impression that people weren't even reading my messages, rather scanning for keywords they could match up to a cisco generated help desk program that sends out e-mail template responses that are filled in like Mad Libs.  Now I just never reboot the machine unless I have to since it's on 24/7 anyway.  If I reboot it, I know it's going to take 10 minutes of that damn icon spinning before the software loads.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?