cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Home
  • We’ve added an Announcements window that shows when you first open your Home. Here you can find info about new items, reward packs, friend’s homes, and more.
  • When you receive a new item for your home, the blue notification indicator will show until you pull the item out of your inventory.

Payments

Desktop App
  • We’ve made enhancements to the Oculus desktop app to reduce load time.
  • We’ve made updates to improve the performance of your library in the Oculus desktop app.

---

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

Edit 8/27: Updated library bullet point to better reflect what was included in this update.
99 Comments
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Heads up: we hit slight snag getting the new PTC out today. Should be available some time tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
So, when is the Rift S Grip/Trigger lag going to be fixed?  I helped a mate setup his nice new Rift S today (which I had recommended to him since most bugs seemed to have been fixed) and I still noticed the lag on the right touch controller.  Fortunately he is a Sim guy (mainly X-Plane 11) so it might not be a big deal for him right now.  Still, kinda disappointing to still see this has not been fixed yet.
Netheri
Rising Star
Will the panel pullouts also be fixed so that they won't show exclamation marks only? When i asked about this issue from support, their best solution was to contact the companies who's application windows i was trying to get pulled out and pinned. Even when i told them that the pull out and pinning worked just fine in 1.39.  😄 
Aquifer
Honored Guest

TomCgcmfc said:

So, when is the Rift S Grip/Trigger lag going to be fixed?  I helped a mate setup his nice new Rift S today (which I had recommended to him since most bugs seemed to have been fixed) and I still noticed the lag on the right touch controller.  Fortunately he is a Sim guy (mainly X-Plane 11) so it might not be a big deal for him right now.  Still, kinda disappointing to still see this has not been fixed yet.

Ive been waiting and waiting and waiting. I bother the Oculus Support almost all the time about the grip lag continuously telling them "hey guys this stuff sucks and its ruining my gameplay". Hopefully they do fix it soon because its a huge issue. 
Telling new VR players they must restart Oculus multiple times before playing is a bummer. Its inconvenient and hey Oculus. You will lose customers over this software issue if you dont fix it soon. Its a fact. not fiction. Quit spying on people and focus on stuff that matters. Thanks.
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update: I'm told that the 1.41 PTC has now been pushed out and should be available. Thanks again for your patience!
eromagosa
Explorer
Thanks, updating
ShocksVR
Superstar
New Headset Firmware released with 1.41 - just installed; will test soon (in NMS)
BumbleBee_VR
Honored Guest
how long does this update take, I've been sitting here for the last +20mins  with it saying "update fireware, please keep your headset plugged in"
john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
Total update with firmware took around 20 minutes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Updated today. I see no change on the grip or trigger release delay, unfortunately.
Unfaithful559
Honored Guest
Yeah i still have Grip Lag. Please focus on fixing the bugs that make your headset damn near unusable instead of adding new gimic features.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a small issue on the new store ( began in 1.40).
When watching previews of games in the store, the Oculus Home ambient sound/music continues to play.
It is like the game preview is playing more on left side of my head, and Home sound is playing on right side of my head.
Kind of takes away from the game preview.
Previously in the old store no Home ambient sound played while watching a game preview.
Gwanch
Honored Guest
Since this latest Update, i have a problem with the Controller-Buttons and the joysticks. They are not working proberly anymore. I have to push them twice or 3 times before my game (Elite Dangerous) recognizes the input. Same with the Joysticks.  😕
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok this latest release is broken. The grip is very inconsistent making it impossible to play.
basementjack
Explorer
over on reddit, people are also warning to avoid this release due to controller issues.
basementjack
Explorer

dburne said:

Just a small issue on the new store ( began in 1.40).
When watching previews of games in the store, the Oculus Home ambient sound/music continues to play.
It is like the game preview is playing more on left side of my head, and Home sound is playing on right side of my head.
Kind of takes away from the game preview.
Previously in the old store no Home ambient sound played while watching a game preview.

I've had the same issue - audio from those videos you play in the store is all messed up spatially speaking.
(note this is in 1.40, have not tried 1.41 due to reported controller issues)
Amun-Ra52
Honored Guest
The controllers are definitely delayed for me. The joysticks are off and not responsive in this patch. I have to move the joystick multiple times for it to finally move in the game.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow this update may have done permanent damage. Now I keep getting a black screen and have to unplug and replug the displayport. Downgraded to prior version and still have the problem. I'm guessing it was the firmware update. I'm definitely opting out of the beta testing option after this. I strongly suggest not installing this update!
Meter_Sticks
Explorer
I need a fix where the controllers and headset for the rift s lose tracking except for rotating. I have tried everything.
JediNizar
Protege
I still can't use my controller (most of the times) in the Desktop App,
The cursor is responding and I can maximize/minimize the windows or select a file, but when I try to open it by clicking/double clicking on it nothing happen.
Also, accessing the embedded video player controls in a browser is not working most of the time
LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
Played a full session of Elite last night with xbox controller with no issues. My entire session of no mans sky with touch was for nothing as it froze about hour and a half in but.....such is no mans sky right now.
HailHoge
Explorer
Thank you for the update.
This time, the problem that displayport did not work was not solved.
I sent a log. Please use it.

the product code of GPU is not included in the log.
palit gtx1080ti Product code:NEB108T019LC-1021F
EtienneArchamba
Explorer
So after updating to 1.41, our project in 2018.3.6 suddenly stopped recognising the SDK (both PC and Android). Happens on all workstations using this version of Unity (works with 2019.2 on other projects, but this a released project - we're not changing version)

I really hope re-importing the Unity integration will fix. Complete blocker otherwise...

UPDATE: Nope. Does not fix it. Trying the brand new 1.40 Unity integration... (released today)
UPDATE: Nope. 1.40 does not fix it. Last attempt is going for 2018.4 (LTS version and recommended by Oculus...)
UPDATE: Not working either.

Out of options now since updating to 2019.2 is out of scope... 

Anyone else having problem with 2018.xx and the 1.41 update?

I am completely blocked for updating this project now.
kojack
MVP
MVP

UPDATE: Nope. Does not fix it. Trying the brand new 1.40 Unity integration... (released today)

Where are you finding 1.40 unity integration? The oculus developer download site and the developer forum both say 1.39 is still the latest available.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gwanch said:

Since this latest Update, i have a problem with the Controller-Buttons and the joysticks. They are not working proberly anymore. I have to push them twice or 3 times before my game (Elite Dangerous) recognizes the input. Same with the Joysticks.  😕

Hey there!  Can you please contact our support team to help you with the issue you are experiencing? Thanks!
EtienneArchamba
Explorer

Where are you finding 1.40 unity integration? The oculus developer download site and the developer forum both say 1.39 is still the latest available.

You have to go on the asset store - that's where they keep the latest. Make sure you clear the old version in your "AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Oculus\ScriptingIntegration\Oculus Integration.unitypackage" otherwise you'll keep reimporting 1.39.

Using 1.40 does not make 2018.xx work for me 😕
ShiroiSakuraVR
Protege
This Update is a completly downgrade for me.

- Controllers works totally strange now. If i try to walk in games it feels like i walk on iceground and "slide" forward even if iam not pushing the sticks anymore 
- my left arm in games moove sometimes with if iam just mooving my right controller. Means my left hand stucks in my right hand and is mooving with it. In EVERY game, VRChat, Beat Saber, No Mans Sky.
- Microphone still goes off randomly (support ticket open since weeks and even they dont find a solution but say at the same time that it would be no hardware issue)

So yeah....with every update i go more and more to think about to talk with amazon if i can send it back, get my money back and buy a Vive or Index directly. If even the support cant help and say from the beginning this is no hardware issue even if feeled 100 Million people report the same problem with the mic feels like a excuse to not give any kind of support. 
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Emphasizing again: Please make sure you're using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software for any issues you're hitting with this new software release. That is truly the best way to get the latest information in front of our engineers eyes so that they can squash any new bugs. Thanks!
magaluco
Honored Guest
Hi

The 1.41 update came with a bug on the right controller, there is a delay/miss on the trigger button, very 'visible' in Robo Recall when trying to shoot quick.i opted out of the beta program, oculus reverted to  version 1.40 and everything is working ok now.hope it is fixed in the next update
Anonymous
Not applicable
I must be pretty lucky as I am not having some of those issues being reported, at least not yet.
So far only one I am having is the occasional mic dropout which I was having before, and have already sent feedback
on that to Oculus.
Dakiller1009
Explorer
yeah have also noticed this issue, when playing pavlov with the oculus sdk the trigger wouldn't fire the gun if i tapped it quickly, so semi auto fire is impossible. Switching to the steam vr version is the only work around
Blaxxun1999
Honored Guest
The 1.41 update came with a bug on the right controller, there is a
delay/miss on the trigger button, very 'visible' in Robo Recall when
trying to shoot quick.i opted out of the beta program, oculus reverted
to  version 1.40 and everything is working ok now.hope it is fixed in
the next update
abydosan
Protege
The right trigger not working on Quill too. I think the problem is universal
geoff_killick
Protege
Since this update, everytime I play VR golf I'm 4 inches higher than the ground even after re doing guardian floor level and steam room setup! 
geoff_killick
Protege
Also still have the trigger delay. 
drhugobr
Explorer
Didn't had any noticeable problem until this last firmware update, now everything is lagging, the controls and the triggers/grab
Richooal
Consultant

Home
  • We’ve added an Announcements window that shows when you first open your Home. Here you can find info about new items, reward packs, friend’s homes, and more.

Just launched my General Release 1.40 version and had this notification pop up. I've had no updates for 8 days though.
HailHoge
Explorer
There is information about problems with the display port not working.
it doesn't work on my PalitGPU(NEB108T019LC-1021F), but it works on a PalitGPU with product code NEB108TH15LC-1020G.

My GPU has the following patches applied.
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4674
miguelus34
Honored Guest
Después de la ultima actualización he comenzado a tener problemas,
Lo primero que pasó fue que perdí el sonido de los auriculares. lo segundo que uno de los captadores ha comenzado a dar problemas y el 90% del tiempo no funciona. Lo cambié de puerto, lo limpié hasta sacarle brillo, pero nada sirve. Los dispositivos señaladores mantienen su rayo señalador estatico la mayor parte del tiempo incluso sin ningun juego en marcha.
Es imposible utilizar Oculus
Meter_Sticks
Explorer
my controllers and headset freeze and I can only rotate my head ant the controllers

Digikid1
Consultant
Unbelievable......
ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
Bucking the trend here, but the latest update seems to be a good one for me, no tracking issues, no lag and no crashes. 

Fingers crossed it continues
lensmandave
Superstar

Bucking the trend here, but the latest update seems to be a good one for me, no tracking issues, no lag and no crashes. 

Yeah, I've just played a couple of hours Fallout 4 VR and I'm chucking grenades like a winner 🙂 No lag at all in the controllers.
SunnyRin
Honored Guest
Ever since 1.39 with the improved tracking my headset gets black screens every 5 minutes & i have to end task on Oculus. Very tired of this since when I rolled back to 1.38 this problem disappeared. To this day even on 1.41 my rift s screen constantly blacks out, very tired of this problem. Updating gtx 1060 drivers doesn't work (nor does trying other versions of the driver)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I've just played a couple of hours Fallout 4 VR and I'm chucking grenades like a winner 🙂 No lag at all in the controllers.

Yeah same here in Fallout 4 VR, having no real issues that I can tell so far in any games.
1.41 seems pretty solid for me so far.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ugh still having mic dropouts in Rift S, getting annoying.
RodDawg117
Explorer
Yeah I've looked closely at my trigger fingers and it's like the software is smoothing my finger motion, and giving it a speed limit. So if I flick my fingers quickly, they never reach full trigger pull. Robo Recall suffers the most for this. Also in Robo Recall, I can't throw things nearly as well using the palm triggers, can't recall robots through a the lift thingy, throw guns, or throw bullets with nearly the same agressive rate as I could before. Heck I can't even grab and tear off heads the same as before. I just quickly opted out of the beta and went back to 1.40, will update after a quick Robo session.
RodDawg117
Explorer

Yeah I've looked closely at my trigger fingers and it's like the software is smoothing my finger motion, and giving it a speed limit. So if I flick my fingers quickly, they never reach full trigger pull. Robo Recall suffers the most for this. Also in Robo Recall, I can't throw things nearly as well using the palm triggers, can't recall robots through a the lift thingy, throw guns, or throw bullets with nearly the same agressive rate as I could before. Heck I can't even grab and tear off heads the same as before. I just quickly opted out of the beta and went back to 1.40, will update after a quick Robo session.

Yup, worked like a dream, faster trigger, solid throws. This update was a serious step back. Just in case it means something, my rig also experienced the white flash's that was recently solved. Might be worth checking if certain headsets experience certain combinations of issues while others do not.
Daws-ITA
Expert Protege
I got the grab lag on both controllers, pleas fix. Also I'm not in the ptc but something had slipped to the stable channel too. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got a new update, anyone know anything about it?