cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not good news if true

bigmike20vt
Visionary
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/8/29/20838741/facebook-oculus-co-founder-michael-antonov-...
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂
8 REPLIES 8

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Holiday Party. Alcohol. Private Room. VR.

What could possibly go wrong?

bigmike20vt
Visionary
To be fair I get what you are saying . Lots of consenting fun and games happen at parties with booze that may not normally happen.... But personally I do like to draw the line at sexual assault 
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

But personally I do like to draw the line at sexual assault 

Yes well, I could accuse you of "verbal assault" right now, but does that make it true?

We do not know the details of what took place, and while you draw the line at sexual assault, I draw the line at the passing of an "accusation" as an "affirmed judgement."

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I am just posting a news report don't shoot the messenger !
I did put in the title IF true.

You were the one who deflected onto the booze and party (I assume in jest)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I am just posting a news report don't shoot the messenger !
I did put in the title IF true.

You didn't put "if" in your comment here:
But personally I do like to draw the line at sexual assault
Sounds like you made a judgement.

You were the one who deflected onto the booze and party (I assume in jest)

I don't think it counts as a deflection to bring up the actual details of the situation. Did you not read the story?

Taylor confirmed to Business Insider that she met Antonov at a GDC afterparty in 2016, saying that he had offered to give her a private preview of the upcoming Oculus Rift headset before taking her to a private room and groping her.

Explain how I am deflecting by bringing the fact that there was a party, private room, and VR? The only thing I am adding is "alcohol" since this was an After Party situation following a Holiday Party. There's usually alcohol involved in all of that. But even if there isn't alcohol, I would be guilty of making an assumption to the details, not deflecting from the details.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought Antonov was still there, just moved to Facebook instead of Oculus. He worked on Insight I think. I checked his LinkedIn thingummybob when Mitchell left.

Digikid1
Consultant
I find it hilarious that anyone trusts the verge. LMAO

Well, before anything's been proven or disproven... I'm generally uncomfortable with the way social media feels the need to chat about this kind of stuff.

There's loads of interesting VR topics on this forum to keep us amused.