cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S scratched Lenses

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok,
f...k all reviewers which had said glasses were no problem with the rift s. i have glasses, i wear them thight to my face but now them and the lenses of the rift have the first scratches.

What should i do now? The Rift was delivered last week.

I am really pissed.
12 REPLIES 12

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Try Polywatch - Amazon. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/aplu13/polywatch_is_amazing/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, after my blood boiled a little bit down i put this already into my amazon basket. Prescription lenses are incoming too, hopefully to increase the comfort and to correct my ipd of 32,5/33,5 besides the lensprotection, too.

This should not happen with an actual product, it seems this problem is already known since 3 or 4 years. Why did they not put a protective coating onto the lenses? Why did they not put a big red warning sign into the package? DO NOT WEAR GOOGLES IN THIS GOOGLES!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I've used glasses in my Rift for years, my son does too, never had a problem nor scratches. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RattyUK
Trustee
I wear glasses in the rift too and have no issue with the original or with the S.  The original left little space between both types of lens, but the S just needs sliding to 'close enough' - if the lenses are in contact there is likely to be mutual damage.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think of this issue more as a for glasses wearing customers fundamental design flaw that is already known. A design flaw that could have easily eliminated in this revision with a protective coating or a border spacer around the lenses which could prevent the plane of a glasses lens to come into contact with the tip of the dome of the fresnel lens.

Nonetheless: I will give Polywatch a try and lenses with prescription are already ordered from WidmoVR. Wish me luck!
I hope there is no type of coating on that lens dome, just the same as the old rift lenses.

ZedActual
Honored Guest
Hey, did polywatch work? I have the rift s and my brother wore glasses that scratched the lenses

laudbrian
Explorer
If you have a Rift S or Quest, I've been using these magnetic lens prescription adapters as they have totally changed my VR experience comfort wise, no more scratches or fog. Easy to remove if you're sharing with other users as the wife and kid have perfect eyesight. They are half the price of competitors WidomoVR, VR Optician and 3D printed just like the rest of them. All you need are these magnetic adapters https://www.etsy.com/listing/710848026/oculus-quest-rift-s-magnetic and $9.95 prescription lens from Zenni 

ShocksVR
Superstar
When wearing glasses I have my Eye Relief at the farthest position. While giving up some of the fov, this also prevents scratches.

However, I've also recently applied lens protectors (Healing Shield 43mm), and now I can bring the display closer via the Eye Relief.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just repaired my Quest's right lens with PolyWatch...the stuff really works. 🙂

Before...you see the scuffs in the middle
lllolv13lk4g.jpg

Just a dab'll do ya
v7q9a4g86qz2.jpg

And after...
ntxjullnwn8k.jpg

Looks a bit discoloured and blurry, but I think that's just my phone's camera, and me not having the steadiest of hands.The scuff is definitely gone though. I did 2 minutes in either direction with the supplied cloth, then another 2 minutes in either direction with a VR Cover cloth. Got that idea from a youtube video, but he also suggested using another cloth again, with glass cleaner before the final buff. I didn't have glass cleaner. 😛