Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.40 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Guardian

We’ve made performance improvements and feature updates to improve your experience while interacting with Guardian. These updates include:

• Ability to clear your Guardian boundary history from your Guardian settings menu.
  • Opportunity to confirm your Guardian boundaries are accurate when you first put on your headset.
  • Removed the need to indicate what direction is forward when setting up Guardian.

Store
  • Updated the design, and improved performance and load times for the Oculus Store.

Home
  • You can now collect all of your Oculus Home rewards at once with the new Collect All button.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where touch controllers could lose tracking during fast movements with Rift.
  • Removed warning that USB drivers needed to be updated when drivers were already up to date.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
143 REPLIES 143

BigBadBatch
Explorer
I got a loop of an error message saying that the software needs to be restart.

rowanunderwood
Honored Guest
But I NEED to change my front facing direction??  Is is still buried in an option somewhere?  HALP!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
No such thing as 1.40 ptc anymore so why post to it?  Also, why not close it?  Thanks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I did not read all the posts in this thread, just wanted to mention that 1.40 worked ok on my Rift CV1, but the carpet under the table was flickering. I have the standard Oculus Home with the big frigate, never bothered changing much, so very close to the default home.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"