cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official TV Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share what we've all been watching.

I'm just finishing the fifth and final series of The Gentle Touch starring the lovely Jill Gascoigne as DI Maggie Forbes. It's a programme from the 80s and is excellent.

Next up for me is the second series of Monkey, known as Monkey Magic in the States I think. If you haven't seen it then you HAVE to check it out. It's a Japanese programme from the 80s that tells the legend of Monkey, Piggsy, Sandy and Tripitaka who travel through Asia to pick up the Buddhist Sacred Scrolls. Some may be familiar of the legend from the video game Enslaved: Odyssey Of The West.

I love rewatching stuff from the 70s and 80s regularly, they don't make telly like that any more which is a real shame. All we seem to see these days is mostly reality TV bollocks with the odd gem hidden here and there. 😞

So what are you guys and girls watching?
351 REPLIES 351

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm probably the only one that like the end of Game Of Thrones! 😄

I've started and almost finished rewatching the first series of How To Get Away With Murder, a great programme. I love crime series and courtroom dramas and this one is great with a few twists and turns throughout the first series. Haven't watched the other series yet but I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Watching the Rookie at the mo with the missus, only like it coz the main man is out of Firefly.....why oh why did they cancel Firefly damn them !!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

beyyy18 said:

Currently, I mostly watch Netflix documentation, mostly serial killings and killers

I love these sort of programmes too.

I'm personally searching for hints and tips so that I don't make the same mistakes and get arrested. B)

Luciferous
Consultant
Can throughly recommend ‘the boys’ on prime, dark super hero series. If you like the watchmen film, superb.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I just started watching Mindhunter - it reminds me a lot of Silence of the Lambs, where the FBI uses imprisoned serial killers to understand and catch active serial killers:

https://youtu.be/oFlKiTwhd38

It's 8.6 on IMDB:

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Digikid1
Consultant
Currently rewatching Last Man Standing. Love that show. Tim Allens character is a wise man. Love his comedy style as well. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I love Mindhunter! Haven't watched the second series yet though.

The Dark Crystal series has also appeared on Netflix too, I loved that film back in the day! One of my favourites!

I much prefer Netflix to Amazon Prime.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Agreed that Netflix has a better selection than Amazon Prime. However, if you haven't watched The Boys on Prime then you are missing out on a glorious treat!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

I love Mindhunter! Haven't watched the second series yet though.

The Dark Crystal series has also appeared on Netflix too, I loved that film back in the day! One of my favourites!

I much prefer Netflix to Amazon Prime.

Dark Crystal is next on my list, well after Westworld s2, lol. Trailer looks awesome:

https://youtu.be/a3_owZfYVR8

Right now it's 8.7 (IMDB) with more than 2K ratings. I liked this review, I'm going to watch it together with the kids:

"An epic fantasy adventure that will please old and new fans alike.

30 August 2019 | by robfollower – See all my reviews

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance is more family-friendly and has a general sheen of class that might make it more appealing to a wider audience. It's absolutely gorgeous, with delightfully physical puppets giving a weight and realism to the colorful fantasy imagery. Some viewers might be put off by the fact it's acted out by puppets, but they'd be missing out. Age of Resistance is a compelling and powerful story packed with relatable characters."

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

kojack
MVP
MVP
The Dark Crystal is great so far (2 episodes in).
Although... so far it seems they changed the story. Maybe later episodes will resolve the conflicting stories.

It looks amazing though. The gelfling puppets are a little rubbery, but they are real puppets, which is awesome.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2