New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Setup Error - Will Not Install

deceitfulslothdeceitfulsloth Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi everyone,
I just got my Rift S yesterday and I've been trying to install it. Once it nears the end of the installation, I receive a message saying it encountered a problem and that I need to restart and try again. Doing so yields the same results.

I'm running Windows 10, a GTX 1070, 16gb of RAM, and a Ryzen 5 2600.

I've tried many fixes found on the forums/reddit, but with no luck. I've disabled Windows Defender and my anti virus and updated my drivers. Not sure where the hangup is. I've attached my setup log.

I created a ticket yesterday, but the issue still hasn't been resolved so I thought I'd ask you all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

• sford52sford52 Posts: 182
    Art3mis
    Review this thread:Having Oculus Rift Setup issues? The ultimate guide.  https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/69494/having-oculus-rift-setup-issues-the-ultimate-guide

Some people have solved similar issues by creating a different account and installing from that (quoting from above referenced threAD) "Several users have found out that their Windows User profile is the culprit, as an experiment, it is a good idea to create a new admin windows user, make sure it is a LOCAL user, not one associated with your Microsoft cloud login and try and run the setup from there."

Good luck

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home
  • deceitfulslothdeceitfulsloth Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Gave it a shot, but no luck. Thanks for trying though.