New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S and Rift 1.41 PTC Release Notes

Comments

• Dakiller1009Dakiller1009 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    yeah have also noticed this issue, when playing pavlov with the oculus sdk the trigger wouldn't fire the gun if i tapped it quickly, so semi auto fire is impossible. Switching to the steam vr version is the only work around
  • Blaxxun1999Blaxxun1999 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    The 1.41 update came with a bug on the right controller, there is a delay/miss on the trigger button, very 'visible' in Robo Recall when trying to shoot quick.i opted out of the beta program, oculus reverted to  version 1.40 and everything is working ok now.hope it is fixed in the next update
  • abydosanabydosan Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    edited August 29
    The right trigger not working on Quill too. I think the problem is universal
  • geoff.killickgeoff.killick Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Since this update, everytime I play VR golf I'm 4 inches higher than the ground even after re doing guardian floor level and steam room setup! 
  • geoff.killickgeoff.killick Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Also still have the trigger delay. 
  • drhugobrdrhugobr Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Didn't had any noticeable problem until this last firmware update, now everything is lagging, the controls and the triggers/grab
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,149
    Wintermute
    Home
    • We’ve added an Announcements window that shows when you first open your Home. Here you can find info about new items, reward packs, friend’s homes, and more.

Just launched my General Release 1.40 version and had this notification pop up. I've had no updates for 8 days though.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • HailHogeHailHoge Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    edited August 29
    There is information about problems with the display port not working.
    it doesn't work on my PalitGPU(NEB108T019LC-1021F), but it works on a PalitGPU with product code NEB108TH15LC-1020G.

My GPU has the following patches applied.
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4674
  • miguelus34miguelus34 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Después de la ultima actualización he comenzado a tener problemas,
    Lo primero que pasó fue que perdí el sonido de los auriculares. lo segundo que uno de los captadores ha comenzado a dar problemas y el 90% del tiempo no funciona. Lo cambié de puerto, lo limpié hasta sacarle brillo, pero nada sirve. Los dispositivos señaladores mantienen su rayo señalador estatico la mayor parte del tiempo incluso sin ningun juego en marcha.
    Es imposible utilizar Oculus
  • Meter_SticksMeter_Sticks Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    my controllers and headset freeze and I can only rotate my head ant the controllers

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,040 Valuable Player
    Unbelievable......
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 271
    Nexus 6
    Bucking the trend here, but the latest update seems to be a good one for me, no tracking issues, no lag and no crashes. 

Fingers crossed it continues
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 291
    Nexus 6
    Bucking the trend here, but the latest update seems to be a good one for me, no tracking issues, no lag and no crashes. 

Yeah, I've just played a couple of hours Fallout 4 VR and I'm chucking grenades like a winner :) No lag at all in the controllers.
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • SunnyRinSunnyRin Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited September 1
    Ever since 1.39 with the improved tracking my headset gets black screens every 5 minutes & i have to end task on Oculus. Very tired of this since when I rolled back to 1.38 this problem disappeared. To this day even on 1.41 my rift s screen constantly blacks out, very tired of this problem. Updating gtx 1060 drivers doesn't work (nor does trying other versions of the driver)
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,721 Valuable Player

Yeah, I've just played a couple of hours Fallout 4 VR and I'm chucking grenades like a winner :) No lag at all in the controllers.
    Yeah same here in Fallout 4 VR, having no real issues that I can tell so far in any games.
    1.41 seems pretty solid for me so far.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Ugh still having mic dropouts in Rift S, getting annoying.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • RodDawg117RodDawg117 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Yeah I've looked closely at my trigger fingers and it's like the software is smoothing my finger motion, and giving it a speed limit. So if I flick my fingers quickly, they never reach full trigger pull. Robo Recall suffers the most for this. Also in Robo Recall, I can't throw things nearly as well using the palm triggers, can't recall robots through a the lift thingy, throw guns, or throw bullets with nearly the same agressive rate as I could before. Heck I can't even grab and tear off heads the same as before. I just quickly opted out of the beta and went back to 1.40, will update after a quick Robo session.
  • RodDawg117RodDawg117 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Yeah I've looked closely at my trigger fingers and it's like the software is smoothing my finger motion, and giving it a speed limit. So if I flick my fingers quickly, they never reach full trigger pull. Robo Recall suffers the most for this. Also in Robo Recall, I can't throw things nearly as well using the palm triggers, can't recall robots through a the lift thingy, throw guns, or throw bullets with nearly the same agressive rate as I could before. Heck I can't even grab and tear off heads the same as before. I just quickly opted out of the beta and went back to 1.40, will update after a quick Robo session.
    Yup, worked like a dream, faster trigger, solid throws. This update was a serious step back. Just in case it means something, my rig also experienced the white flash's that was recently solved. Might be worth checking if certain headsets experience certain combinations of issues while others do not.
  • daws72daws72 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    edited September 3
    I got the grab lag on both controllers, pleas fix. Also I'm not in the ptc but something had slipped to the stable channel too. 
    Just got a new update, anyone know anything about it?
    Don

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,149
    Wintermute
    dburne said:
    Just got a new update, anyone know anything about it?

No extensive release notes? (again)
    If they told us what they've changed we would be able to specifically check it out and provide feedback on it.
    This is why I left the PTC.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • Redlightning7777Redlightning7777 Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    edited September 4
    I keep losing the controllers randomly entirely since the update..   they just dont respond.. but the oculus buttons do while in game.. . I get back to Home and they are fine.

The Virtual Keyboard is acting funny for me too in Oculus home. 

EDIT:  Well I tried it with a few games.   It seems that while I'm running the game ..  the trigger and grip buttons stop responding on either controller randomly, one side or the other, then they eventually all go unresponsive.. however the abxy and oculus buttons work.   I hit oculus button .. quit the game.. and the controllers are back to normal in home. 

• HailHogeHailHoge Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    edited September 4
    thank you for update.
    displayport not working on OculusApp 1.41.0.290985.
    i sent log.
    PalitGPU GTX1080Ti product code:NEB108T019LC-1021F
  • JohnM52JohnM52 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Same here: Palit 1080ti founders edition
  • JohnM52JohnM52 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    oops what I meant it dosn't work
  • FangzhouFangzhou Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    Rift S, after updating to 1.41.0.290985
    My right controller will suddenly not working after several minutes. Trigger and grip suddenly stop responding, restart Oculus software does not fix it. 
    Thanks to this update, my Rift S become a garbage that cannot play any VR games. 
    When Oculus fixed static flash, I thought Oculus finally knows that what they need to do is to ensure the stability. And now, after 5 weeks, I finally knows that I should never trust that Oculus. 
    Fangzhou said:
    My right controller will suddenly not working after several minutes. Trigger and grip suddenly stop responding, restart Oculus software does not fix it. 
    Thanks to this update, my Rift S become a garbage that cannot play any VR games. 
    When Oculus fixed static flash, I thought Oculus finally knows that what they need to do is to ensure the stability. And now, after 5 weeks, I finally knows that I should never trust that Oculus. 
    This is the Public Test Channel. Key word being test. Be sure and send them feedback on your issue.
    In the meantime just un-enroll in the PTC and it will roll you back to the previous release version of the software.
    Don

Brain Burst
    Fangzhou said:
    If you wait a few more minutes.. your left one will go out as well. 

Sigh..  seems the grip is better.. but I cannot test it for more than a couple minutes before they totally die. 

The Oculus buttons work .. see if you can jump back to home.. my controllers start working again then..  but only till I'm in game again.

• DownluckDownluck Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Fangzhou said:
    for me the controllers sticks are stop working, mainly on SteamVR games, why did they do that? unbelievable.
    Brain Burst
    edited September 4
    Downluck said:
    Fangzhou said:
    for me the controllers sticks are stop working, mainly on SteamVR games, why did they do that? unbelievable.
    Well honestly .. I hope it is because they tried to fix the lagging controller issues most in the thread, including me, have been experiencing, and they had a crash occur in it.   

I can just hope.   While the controllers DO work... I was not experiencing any grip lag. 

Hoping that is what it is.. seriously... hoping.

Quite surprised that they have not fixed it by now though.. 

My daughter was playing Song Beater, and she said.. allright I'm done..  and that is not usually how it goes..  normally I have to KICK her off of it. 

Later I go and play the game myself... and lo and behold I found out why she had quit the game.   Then I load others, including one I know works well..  Job Simulator .. cause SB is in Early Access..  same issue.  Wish she had told me though as I could have reverted even if it meant yet another flash.

At least others have the issues though, for validation at least. 

For what its worth I sent a report from the main program as well.   Not sure if that was just a 'send to trash' magic button though. 

At least it shows somethings getting done, hope it gets done before they decide to discontinue the Rift S series.

If it wasn't so damned cool and I was so invested... I think I would have just tossed it out the window by now, but I have faith that they will fix this stuff, like they did with the white flash. 

The white flash was not even as annoying as these controller issues cause I at least could play my games.  

Also are you in SteamVR Beta .. as it might have to be fixed on Valves side..  I'm going to check some games that are not steamVR and verify.   Might even check out the beta there too.