cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPS Games - Touch controllers vs Mouse & keyboard - Which would win?

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Hey guys, I've been thinking about this a lot, who do you reckon would win?

So take a game like counter-strike for example, if you had one team of 5 players with mouse and keyboard and the other team with 5 players using Touch Controllers whilst playing in VR, which team would win?

And who would have the better aim? Have you ever thought about it?

I think it would be cool if they made a VR FPS that had compatibility for both formats. Imagine a team in Battlefield game where it utilised a combination of both setups?

My theory is that mouse and keyboard users with their fast twitch responses and good aim could rule the land from a distance where as Touch controllers could be better up close and personal.

So who do you think would win? mouse and keyboard or Touch?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Touch controllers all day long!

bigmike20vt
Visionary
KB/M would win.....
but depends on your reasons for playing. I am not a competitive gamer and for me i would enjoy playing with touch every time above KB/M.... but then i dont PvP.

PvP would only work in touch only lobbies imo.  i think it would be a massachre in mixed lobbies
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

KB/M would win.....
but depends on your reasons for playing. I am not a competitive gamer and for me i would enjoy playing with touch every time above KB/M.... but then i dont PvP.

PvP would only work in touch only lobbies imo.  i think it would be a massachre in mixed lobbies

Maybe your right, would be cool in games like Battlefield if you had people flying planes with a joystick, people on the ground with keyboard and mouse, and then people using snipers with Touch controllers. And also people building and perhaps medics with Touch controllers too.

And then other games like Raven Shield have building mechanics too, Touch controllers would be awesome in that game if you could play it in VR.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

hanknkh
Honored Guest

U hv answered your own question, long range mk wins short range VR wins.

Mk pros:

- Stable on a mousepad. It doesn't move if u don't move. Only moves when u do.

- u see everything on your little monitor.

- easier to turn with just a flick of your wrist.

- better maneuverability with wasd.

Mk cons:

- targets can sometimes be too tiny on the tiny little screen.

- harder to track your target as it is hard to predict how much u hv to move your mouse to turn to a certain degree. Say like if your enemy is at 2 o'clock, try close your eyes n move your mouse to your target n then open your eyes. Most people will fail to land their crosshair on their target simply because they can't predict how much they hv to move their mouse to get their crosshair to turn 60 degrees to the right. Only the pros can.

VR pros:

- easy to track your target. Same experiment as mk, close your eyes n point your gun at 2 o'clock, most people won't hv nay problem doing that. Because it translate directly from reality. Where u aim in game depends on where u aim in real life. Sth that we are all naturallally born with.

- immersive. Needless to say.

- able to exploit body movement.

VR cons:

- u only see a small portion of your screen. So it's harder to detect an enemy especially when they are not moving.

- shaky hands in mid air. Hard to stabilize unless ur using a physical or virtual gunstock.

- harder to turn with thumbstick.

- takes more effort to turn or aim with your whole body instead of just your wrist.

I play contractors VR and cs 1.6 everyday. Contractors for about a year,cstrike for about 22 years.