Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

RattyUK
Trustee
If you have a nice home planet and have researched metal buildings and solar power/batteries you can build a trade terminal in your base.  Once you get a freighter a trade terminal can be built in it also.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

nalex66
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

I can't work out how to warp out of my first system now lol  😄

I've only got 80% of my warp cells though so I guess I need another one?

Can't remember how I get the antimatter now. You go into orbit and scan, don't you? I manage to lose one piece somehow, can't remember what happened now. I got one piece from the shop on the space station at one point.

I'll try scanning in orbit around some planets tomorrow and see what happens.

For the first warp, they give you antimatter as part of the main quest (you have to craft an antimatter housing out of common materials, then craft a warp cell from the housing plus the antimatter). For the second one, they give you the blueprint so you can make your own antimatter. It’s really worth following the main quest until you reach the anomaly. It’s basically a long tutorial that opens up all the game systems.

If you’ve got 80% in your warp drive, you can probably make a jump. Just open the galactic map from the Quick Menu on your left hand when you’re in space, and you should be able to choose the next star system to warp to. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nalex66
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

No, it only needs power if you want to teleport out from your base. I wouldn’t get too invested in your home planet base... find a nice planet with a non-hazardous environment, and build a new base beside a small outpost. Then you can walk around without worrying about your exosuit, and you’ve got a trade terminal right there.

Ok, thanks again.  My home planet has a very moderate climate and resources are easy to come by.  So far I've made about 3 million by digging up buried technology modules and selling them on the adjacent space station. 
That's a great idea about building next to a trading post.  I'll do this.
Come to think of it, if the planet I started on where I had to repair my ship is my 'home' planet, then that's not actually where my base is.  It's on a different planet where I began to set up a base with a base computer.  It doesn't wear down my exosuit when I'm moving around.

The quest to build a base computer sometimes takes you off-world, I guess. In my case it was on my starting planet, which had a high-temperature environment. I’ve got three bases now, and I rarely return to the early ones unless I need a mineral that’s easy to find on those planets. 

Those buried technology modules sell for big bucks, but you’ll want some of the salvage data to unlock blueprints (everything is available at the anomaly research station, while your portable research computer only gives you access to a smaller subset of stuff). 

I’ve made my money mining cobalt mostly. Caves are easy to find, and cobalt is everywhere. I dig up about 1000 cobalt, and refine it to ionized cobalt. You end up getting a bunch of tetra-cobalt which refines to ionized at a rate of 150:1 too, along with high-value items like vortex cubes that are often found underground. I usually end up making a million units from a quick mining run. Most refined materials sell for a lot, but I keep the other stuff like chromatic metal because it’s so often used for repairs and crafting. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP

RattyUK said:

If you have a nice home planet and have researched metal buildings and solar power/batteries you can build a trade terminal in your base.  Once you get a freighter a trade terminal can be built in it also.

Good to know. I didn’t see trade terminals in the tech tree, but I didn’t look too closely at base building options—my first two bases were the wooden ones that the quest has you build, and my third is just the large cylindrical pre-fab. I’ve got a solar panel and battery to power things, and last night I added floor switches in front of my teleporter and storage container so they don’t drain my power by always being on. 

I think a freighter is next on my to-do list. I thought that was something that should’ve popped up in the main quest by now, but maybe there’s something I need to do to trigger the event that leads to it?

Griff0x
Protege
A few things to consider whilst you journey through the stars/planets.

ancient bones are a nice resource for extra $, scan a planet from space,  if it states ancient bones then land on the planet and go dig some up.  range from 80k to 2m depending on rarity.  

Radiated/Super critical planets... Storm Crystal during a storm.. if you need a big cash injection stick some radiation protection on your exosuit and go farm them, better still is; once on a storm/extreme planet,  create a small base so you can TP to it whenever you need some cash. fill your inventory and sell them all at once at a station as the price will change downward rapidly at that station. 

Larvel cores,   you will find these around abandoned buildings.  you can either sell them for quite a bit or stick them in a refiner (i do this always). use the terrain manipulator to build a tunnel under each set of eggs,  go down the tunnel and destroy the eggs from underneath,  the cores will roll to your feet to pick up whilst you are away from any danger.

"digging up buried technology modules and selling them",  whilst OK money, not great,  you are better off using these for releasing your construction parts. 

Manufacturing facilities - you can get blueprints for crafting rare trade-able items here, massive money. millions per hour once a farm is setup to produce the products to craft the item to be sold.  You will need to shoot your way into the building and answer a question at the terminal for a random tradeprint,  get the right print or a couple of the right ones and you will never worry about money again. 

if settling in one place with your base then research Electro magnetic generators and the survey device, free endless power,  i have 20 connected biodiomes all powered like this.  just run through and reap the rewards whenever i return to the base. 

My home planet is as bleak as bleak can be.. just rocks, mountains and the odd blade of grass. 

hope this helps someone. 
G

Anonymous
Not applicable

nalex66 said:

snowdog said:

Can't remember how I get the antimatter now. You go into orbit and scan, don't you? I manage to lose one piece somehow, can't remember what happened now. I got one piece from the shop on the space station at one point.

For the first warp, they give you antimatter as part of the main quest (you have to craft an antimatter housing out of common materials, then craft a warp cell from the housing plus the antimatter). For the second one, they give you the blueprint so you can make your own antimatter. It’s really worth following the main quest until you reach the anomaly. It’s basically a long tutorial that opens up all the game systems.

If you’ve got 80% in your warp drive, you can probably make a jump. Just open the galactic map from the Quick Menu on your left hand when you’re in space, and you should be able to choose the next star system to warp to. 

Yup, I've done all that but when I leave that screen, go back to my ship and have a look around I can't see anything. I was expecting to see a similar red icon or something. I must be missing something somewhere. That's why I thought I needed 100% to jump into hyperspace because I couldn't find an icon anywhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Griff0x said:

A few things to consider whilst you journey through the stars/planets.

ancient bones are a nice resource for extra $, scan a planet from space,  if it states ancient bones then land on the planet and go dig some up.  range from 80k to 2m depending on rarity.  

Radiated/Super critical planets... Storm Crystal during a storm.. if you need a big cash injection stick some radiation protection on your exosuit and go farm them, better still is; once on a storm/extreme planet,  create a small base so you can TP to it whenever you need some cash. fill your inventory and sell them all at once at a station as the price will change downward rapidly at that station. 

Larvel cores,   you will find these around abandoned buildings.  you can either sell them for quite a bit or stick them in a refiner (i do this always). use the terrain manipulator to build a tunnel under each set of eggs,  go down the tunnel and destroy the eggs from underneath,  the cores will roll to your feet to pick up whilst you are away from any danger.

"digging up buried technology modules and selling them",  whilst OK money, not great,  you are better off using these for releasing your construction parts. 

Manufacturing facilities - you can get blueprints for crafting rare trade-able items here, massive money. millions per hour once a farm is setup to produce the products to craft the item to be sold.  You will need to shoot your way into the building and answer a question at the terminal for a random tradeprint,  get the right print or a couple of the right ones and you will never worry about money again. 

if settling in one place with your base then research Electro magnetic generators and the survey device, free endless power,  i have 20 connected biodiomes all powered like this.  just run through and reap the rewards whenever i return to the base. 

My home planet is as bleak as bleak can be.. just rocks, mountains and the odd blade of grass. 

hope this helps someone. 
G

Also don't forget to have a dig around Ancient Ruins, you might find some nice surprises! ?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

nalex66 said:

snowdog said:

Yup, I've done all that but when I leave that screen, go back to my ship and have a look around I can't see anything. I was expecting to see a similar red icon or something. I must be missing something somewhere. That's why I thought I needed 100% to jump into hyperspace because I couldn't find an icon anywhere.

The red icon is just the main quest waypoint--it won't lead you to antimatter unless you're on that particular part of the quest. You can check your quest status or choose which quest to track in your log.

I'm not sure what you mean about "leaving that screen and going back to your ship". You choose your warp target in the galactic map, then hold right trigger on it to warp to it. If you don't have enough fuel in your warp drive, it'll tell you in the galactic map that you can't go anywhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oops, didn't see that prompt telling me to press the right trigger! I'll try that later on tonight lol 😄

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Haven't had time to start a tips thread, but I want to touch on the inventory slots upgrade that I mentioned earlier. I had read about it a few times, but it took me a while to figure out how to actually get it, so here it is: When you get to a space station, there are vendors selling upgrades for your exosuit, ship, exocraft, and multi-tool on one side (opposite from where the teleporter is). Go to the exosuit vendor's booth, but don't talk to him--instead, interact with the hologram that looks like a backpack. You can choose a new slot in your general inventory, technology inventory, or cargo inventory. Choose your category, then click Purchase Upgrade at the bottom of the window. It looks like you're going to get charged for it, but there is no money actually deducted.

The extra inventory space becomes very useful as you progress, so you should always make sure you claim your one free one from each space station. You can also get a free one from the exosuit vendor booth in the anomaly for each new system you visit from (you can summon the anomaly any time through your Quick Menu when you're in space).

The other way I know of to get inventory upgrades is from drop pods that you find on planet surfaces. When you find one, walk inside and you'll see the same exosuit hologram, which you have to repair to claim the upgrade.