cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Release Delay - Rift S

BiteyThing
Protege
After releasing the trigger, strokes (and sound) continue briefly. It seems to be more apparent when using Smooth (when mapped to left trigger).... The delay varies and some strokes have no delay.

I'm guessing this is related to the grip lag issue(?)
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/76184/rift-s-controllers-lag-in-grip-release

I have tried different usb ports, restarting, using PTC (beta), fresh batteries, removing the battery covers and all that stuff suggested in the grip lag thread.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or maybe even have a fix? ....Guess i'll have to go back to the CV1 or zbrush until this gets sorted :neutral:

Thanks for any help :smile:
7 REPLIES 7

NzRadcore
Explorer
I still have have grip delay problem. Just tried to play Superhot and could throw things 1 out of 5 times.
Has Oculus ever made a statement about this. Totally ruins the experience

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have exactly this issue (trigger release lag). Leaving your finger touching the trigger helps it register a "stop" action to the trigger release (instead of letting go completely). This is obviously not a solution, just maybe useful for troubleshooting the cause.

BiteyThing
Protege

Dassa73 said:

Yes, I have exactly this issue (trigger release lag). Leaving your finger touching the trigger helps it register a "stop" action to the trigger release (instead of letting go completely). This is obviously not a solution, just maybe useful for troubleshooting the cause.

I appreciate the tip! And it's good to know I'm not the only one dealing with this.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I had this for a bit but it went away. Have you been applying the (seems like hourly) software and firmware updates? Thing that's bugging me now is the 1.21 gigawatt power drain from the touch controllers in standby mode.

BiteyThing
Protege
I have the beta "public test channel" active, so should be getting all the updates. Going to check though. Thanks!

I think doing a repair install temporarily fixes the problem for me(?) Was trying other various things, so not sure.

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
This was reported to us last week, and looks like repairing the Oculus service could help! https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusmediumartists/permalink/1093787681008097/ 

Kurochka_Ryba
Honored Guest
I have the same thing happening in Robo Recall (throwing weapons) and in Eleven table tennis.  Although, in my case it's grip button release, not trigger release. You can imagine throwing a ball up to hit it and find out it's still stuck to you hand :). Both of these games are unplayable in Rift S. The both still play fine in Rift. Anybody having issues with grip button release delay?
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370;
Intel i7 8700K, 32 GB RAM;
Corsair H150i PRO;
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2
Samsung EVO 970 - 1Tb; EVO 960 500 GB