cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Home
  • We’ve added an Announcements window that shows when you first open your Home. Here you can find info about new items, reward packs, friend’s homes, and more.
  • When you receive a new item for your home, the blue notification indicator will show until you pull the item out of your inventory.

Payments

Desktop App
  • We’ve made enhancements to the Oculus desktop app to reduce load time.
  • We’ve made updates to improve the performance of your library in the Oculus desktop app.

---

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

Edit 8/27: Updated library bullet point to better reflect what was included in this update.
99 Comments
Richooal
Consultant

dburne said:

Just got a new update, anyone know anything about it?

No extensive release notes? (again)
If they told us what they've changed we would be able to specifically check it out and provide feedback on it.
This is why I left the PTC.
Redlightning777
Protege
I keep losing the controllers randomly entirely since the update..   they just dont respond.. but the oculus buttons do while in game.. . I get back to Home and they are fine.

The Virtual Keyboard is acting funny for me too in Oculus home. 

EDIT:  Well I tried it with a few games.   It seems that while I'm running the game ..  the trigger and grip buttons stop responding on either controller randomly, one side or the other, then they eventually all go unresponsive.. however the abxy and oculus buttons work.   I hit oculus button .. quit the game.. and the controllers are back to normal in home. 

HailHoge
Explorer
thank you for update.
displayport not working on OculusApp 1.41.0.290985.
i sent log.
PalitGPU GTX1080Ti product code:NEB108T019LC-1021F
JohnM52
Honored Guest
Same here: Palit 1080ti founders edition
JohnM52
Honored Guest
oops what I meant it dosn't work
Fangzhou
Adventurer
Rift S, after updating to 1.41.0.290985
My right controller will suddenly not working after several minutes. Trigger and grip suddenly stop responding, restart Oculus software does not fix it. 
Thanks to this update, my Rift S become a garbage that cannot play any VR games. 
When Oculus fixed static flash, I thought Oculus finally knows that what they need to do is to ensure the stability. And now, after 5 weeks, I finally knows that I should never trust that Oculus. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fangzhou said:

My right controller will suddenly not working after several minutes. Trigger and grip suddenly stop responding, restart Oculus software does not fix it. 
Thanks to this update, my Rift S become a garbage that cannot play any VR games. 
When Oculus fixed static flash, I thought Oculus finally knows that what they need to do is to ensure the stability. And now, after 5 weeks, I finally knows that I should never trust that Oculus. 

This is the Public Test Channel. Key word being test. Be sure and send them feedback on your issue.
In the meantime just un-enroll in the PTC and it will roll you back to the previous release version of the software.
Redlightning777
Protege

Fangzhou said:

If you wait a few more minutes.. your left one will go out as well. 

Sigh..  seems the grip is better.. but I cannot test it for more than a couple minutes before they totally die. 

The Oculus buttons work .. see if you can jump back to home.. my controllers start working again then..  but only till I'm in game again.

Downluck
Protege

Fangzhou said:

for me the controllers sticks are stop working, mainly on SteamVR games, why did they do that? unbelievable.
Redlightning777
Protege

Downluck said:

Fangzhou said:

for me the controllers sticks are stop working, mainly on SteamVR games, why did they do that? unbelievable.

Well honestly .. I hope it is because they tried to fix the lagging controller issues most in the thread, including me, have been experiencing, and they had a crash occur in it.   

I can just hope.   While the controllers DO work... I was not experiencing any grip lag. 

Hoping that is what it is.. seriously... hoping.

Quite surprised that they have not fixed it by now though.. 

My daughter was playing Song Beater, and she said.. allright I'm done..  and that is not usually how it goes..  normally I have to KICK her off of it. 

Later I go and play the game myself... and lo and behold I found out why she had quit the game.   Then I load others, including one I know works well..  Job Simulator .. cause SB is in Early Access..  same issue.  Wish she had told me though as I could have reverted even if it meant yet another flash.

At least others have the issues though, for validation at least. 

For what its worth I sent a report from the main program as well.   Not sure if that was just a 'send to trash' magic button though. 

At least it shows somethings getting done, hope it gets done before they decide to discontinue the Rift S series.

If it wasn't so damned cool and I was so invested... I think I would have just tossed it out the window by now, but I have faith that they will fix this stuff, like they did with the white flash. 

The white flash was not even as annoying as these controller issues cause I at least could play my games.  

Also are you in SteamVR Beta .. as it might have to be fixed on Valves side..  I'm going to check some games that are not steamVR and verify.   Might even check out the beta there too. 

kojack
MVP
MVP

Downluck said:

If you want to test if this is the fault of SteamVR or something on the Rift side (hardware or software) you can check the values using Oculus Monitor. You can run it while other VR apps are running and it will show you all input and tracking in real time. If the sticks don't respond there either then it's Oculus' fault.

Fangzhou
Adventurer

dburne said:

Fangzhou said:

This is the Public Test Channel. Key word being test. Be sure and send them feedback on your issue.
In the meantime just un-enroll in the PTC and it will roll you back to the previous release version of the software.

Yes, I submitted the log and turn-off the PTC option. Then the software rollback to 1.40. 
And then my existing settings are gone, I have to set up the guardian again. 
I used body tracking for VRChat, and I spent sometime to align the coordinate, since after reset guardian Oculus's coordinate also got reset. 
The Rift S finally works after spending one hour, and then, controller drifting problem came back, and it happened three times during 2 hours VRChat. But well, at least, it works. 
Then Oculus software crashed and kept restarting and crashing, I had to shut down my PC to stop it. I did not try to turn on the PC to see whether restart PC fix the problem. I got tired of this. 

BTW, I am a software engineer. According to my experience, even though PTC is for testing, serious issue that breaks basic functionality should never goes to a "public beta". Serious issues should be eliminated by internal testing from QA team. And that's why I was wondering whether Oculus even have a QA team. 
(According to Oculus careers list, they do NOT have a QA position, lol)
Redlightning777
Protege

Fangzhou said:

dburne said:

Fangzhou said:

Yes, I submitted the log and turn-off the PTC option. Then the software rollback to 1.40. 
And then my existing settings are gone, I have to set up the guardian again. 
I used body tracking for VRChat, and I spent sometime to align the coordinate, since after reset guardian Oculus's coordinate also got reset. 
The Rift S finally works after spending one hour, and then, controller drifting problem came back, and it happened three times during 2 hours VRChat. But well, at least, it works. 
Then Oculus software crashed and kept restarting and crashing, I had to shut down my PC to stop it. I did not try to turn on the PC to see whether restart PC fix the problem. I got tired of this. 

BTW, I am a software engineer. According to my experience, even though PTC is for testing, serious issue that breaks basic functionality should never goes to a "public beta". Serious issues should be eliminated by internal testing from QA team. And that's why I was wondering whether Oculus even have a QA team. 
(According to Oculus careers list, they do NOT have a QA position, lol)

The last time I downgraded to a non PTC option the same exact issue happened to me ..  I had to do their 'manual' removal of the software and installed it from 'almost' scratch.. sad that their update/uninstall routines leave so much garbage behind that this is necessary.

This was from the Support Email that they sent me when that was happening to me, sorry if you have already tried it. 
  1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  2. Backup any necessary content.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  4. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
  5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  9. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here.
Downluck
Protege

kojack said:

Downluck said:

If you want to test if this is the fault of SteamVR or something on the Rift side (hardware or software) you can check the values using Oculus Monitor. You can run it while other VR apps are running and it will show you all input and tracking in real time. If the sticks don't respond there either then it's Oculus' fault.

Hello kojack,
Let me explain what's going on, since the 2019 September, 3rd update 1.41.0.290985 which they didn't release any notes about I'm having this problem, it's not the PTC 1.41 itself, because it was working nicely before. I didn't get any updates from SteamVR lately so it makes me think it's an Oculus related issue. Another thing, I mentioned the sticks earlier but I realized it's the whole controller that is stop working suddenly and randomly on both hands, sometimes the right one sometimes the another, but I'll test it further, if I don't get results with your suggestion I will try to unenroll the PTC for awhile. Thanks.

EDIT: That was it, for who is getting the same issue, just unenroll the PTC and get back to the 1.40 version 'cause it will fix the problem. Just for the record I found a reddit topic that was opened just after the last update describing the issue perfectly, and it seems to be very common, if you want to check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/czrqiq/weird_steamvr_issue_on_rift_s/
I understand it's pretty normal to happen on test channels, I'll stay on the live channel just until they fix it and get the PTC version playable again.
Redlightning777
Protege
I do not think that it is totally just SteamVR as I'm getting odd responses even running Oculus software. 

Virtual Desktop is one that acts odd where double clicking is almost impossible with the trigger since the update. 

Let alone the Home Virtual Keyboard acting all wonky as well.
markhollis
Expert Protege

I keep losing the controllers randomly entirely since the update..   they just dont respond.. but the oculus buttons do while in game.. . I get back to Home and they are fine.

The Virtual Keyboard is acting funny for me too in Oculus home. 

EDIT:  Well I tried it with a few games.   It seems that while I'm running the game ..  the trigger and grip buttons stop responding on either controller randomly, one side or the other, then they eventually all go unresponsive.. however the abxy and oculus buttons work.   I hit oculus button .. quit the game.. and the controllers are back to normal in home. 

same here, please fix this issue
ShocksVR
Superstar

Downluck said:

kojack said:

Downluck said:

Hello kojack,
Let me explain what's going on, since the 2019 September, 3rd update 1.41.0.290985 which they didn't release any notes about I'm having this problem, it's not the PTC 1.41 itself, because it was working nicely before. I didn't get any updates from SteamVR lately so it makes me think it's an Oculus related issue. Another thing, I mentioned the sticks earlier but I realized it's the whole controller that is stop working suddenly and randomly on both hands, sometimes the right one sometimes the another, but I'll test it further, if I don't get results with your suggestion I will try to unenroll the PTC for awhile. Thanks.

EDIT: That was it, for who is getting the same issue, just unenroll the PTC and get back to the 1.40 version 'cause it will fix the problem. Just for the record I found a reddit topic that was opened just after the last update describing the issue perfectly, and it seems to be very common, if you want to check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/czrqiq/weird_steamvr_issue_on_rift_s/
I understand it's pretty normal to happen on test channels, I'll stay on the live channel just until they fix it and get the PTC version playable again.

Just wanted to give feedback that I too experienced the Left controller freezing while in game with the latest iteration of PTC 1.41 (the initial PTC 1.41 worked fine for me).  It's like the thumbstick was stuck to the right position and it kept wanting my ingame character to move to the right.  Most buttons on the left controller would just not work.

Here's the kicker! I tested 3 Oculus Home games: Dead&Buried 2, Marvel Powers United, Echo Arena.  No issues playing Oculus Home titles.

Oculus Home - no issues with:
  • Dead&Buried, Marvel Powers United, Echo Arena, Oculus Home

When on STEAMVR - using OpenVR titles, I didn't have any issues playing No Man's Sky, no issues playing Fallout4VR, Contractors (although this game was in Oculus SDK mode).  The only game that had the issue (for me) was SkyrimVR. I also use OpenComposite (https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/blob/master/README.md) with STEAMVR titles, so perhaps a conflict with OpenComposite (I forgot to test without OC, but I assumed the other STEAM titles worked so perhaps not OC).

When I opted out of the PTC 1.41 software, reinstalled 1.40, my controllers returned to working as usual in SkyrimVR.

Summary for STEAMVR:
  • Games that didn't have Touch issues: Fallout4VR, No Man's Sky, Contractors
  • Game that did have an issue with the Touch controllers:  SkyrimVR

Solution that fixed the Touch controller issue:  opting out of PTC 1.41 and returning to 1.40.

So I'm not sure if it's an Oculus issue with 1.41, or a STEAMVR issue.

I will also submit a feedback form through the Oculus app Feedback tool.
Thanks !

Edit - I forgot to include I also changed the batteries and did a reboot, neither of which fixed the issue on 1.41.

markhollis
Expert Protege
i had the left controller problem with windlands 2 and serious sam 1 vr (only games that i tried for now)
Redlightning777
Protege
I'll add in here that it does this with 'song beater' and 'Job Simulator' SteamVR version as well. 

shane_powell
Honored Guest
I am getting issues in Skyrim VR after the update. Randomly seemingly after loading after death or a new area the I will get stuck turning right or strafing right. So something seems to affecting the input from either analog stick. I have to restart the game to fix the issue and because the controls are lock this means force closing from the oculus menu. Have played for 10 hours fine prior to this.
HailHoge
Explorer
hello.
Only the firmware was updated today.
displayport is not working yet.i sent log.
have a good weekend. see you next week.
ShocksVR
Superstar
Here's a thread from STEAMVR Discussions regarding the freezing Left Controller issue with Touch: https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/1633040337752409333/

Hopefully that's enough for STEAM to become aware of the issue.  Since I don't have the issue with Oculus titles, then it must be an incompatibility between 1.41 and STEAMVR.

Muscle87
Honored Guest
1.41 gave me steamVR input issues. like stuck buttons in skyrimVR, or spinning. Once i reverted back to 1.40 the issue went away.

in steamVR i would go to controller settings and it would show the buttons were stuck being pressed even though they werent.
DEKED
Explorer
I just reverted to the old Firmware and Controllers are fine again. I thinking about going back on headset firmware before the white flash fix, beacause the resolution is much weaker than before. They capped the resolution in order to get rid of the flashing. I had them only once per 4-5 hours so im good with that. Normaly one is able to get a refund because it hast the proclaimed resolution anymore.
lensmandave
Superstar

DEKED said:

I just reverted to the old Firmware and Controllers are fine again. I thinking about going back on headset firmware before the white flash fix, beacause the resolution is much weaker than before. They capped the resolution in order to get rid of the flashing. I had them only once per 4-5 hours so im good with that. Normaly one is able to get a refund because it hast the proclaimed resolution anymore.

So, how have you measured this 'loss' of resolution? I haven't noticed it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

DEKED said:

So, how have you measured this 'loss' of resolution? I haven't noticed it.

Yeah same here.
ShocksVR
Superstar

DEKED said:

There's a resolution setting in your Oculus app; perhaps you changed it by accident: https://uploadvr.com/rift-s-hidden-resolution-setting/

HailHoge
Explorer
HMD keep rebooting when after NVIDIA Driver Update 436.30. 
This issue no longer occurs when using another Displayport.
I received the impression that the usage rate of GPU was very high.
i sent log. Of course, the initial setup is incomplete.
PalitGPU GTX1080Ti product code: NEB108T019LC-1021F

The log seems that begin to some devices functioning correctly.
MajikkuVR
Honored Guest

Muscle87 said:

1.41 gave me steamVR input issues. like stuck buttons in skyrimVR, or spinning. Once i reverted back to 1.40 the issue went away.

in steamVR i would go to controller settings and it would show the buttons were stuck being pressed even though they werent.

I got same problem when I start Onward via SteamVR my left controller spinning. The same happens when I start the game through Oculus. It only helps to roll back to 1.40
Orkel
Adventurer
Same controller issues with 1.41 beta here.
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
The new PTC build that got pushed out today (1.41.0.295808) should help out with those odd controller / input behaviors some of you are experiencing.
ShocksVR
Superstar
Awesome ! I'll opt back in and try it out later tonight. 
Thanks again Oculus and Showbiz !
ShocksVR
Superstar
I can confirm the latest beta (5808) has fixed the controller issue. Steamvr is playing great with SkyrimVR, No Mans Sky, Fallout4VR.  And of course Oculus titles like: EchoVR and Marvel Powers United.

Thanks again !!! 🙂
HailHoge
Explorer
hello
displayport is not working on OculusApp 1.41.0.295808.
i sent log. 
The last thing HMD can't use is the same, but the details change depending on the connected display port, so i connected to all the display ports and got the logs.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ugh,
So due to my Rift S microphone always dropping out at the most inconvenient times, I said heck with it and ordered a desktop mic. Have it set up and it is working great.  No more dealing with mic dropouts.
I disabled the Rift S mic.

However now when opening Oculus Home, my Rift S is showing a big red X, and it says " no headset audio". I have headset audio through the Rift S jack using earbuds, audio is fine. I just have mic disabled.
So now I guess I am always going to have a warning there with big red X and everything is now working great for me??
I know this a little OCD of me, but I like having everything showing green and ok.

Or maybe Oculus could fix it to where if one has the mic disabled it will still show green and ok for audio? 

Update: Never mind , I got it. Apparently it was when the Rift S mic had dropped out again, I unplugged the usb and plugged back in. Now the Rift S mic is showing in device manager as disabled, and all green and ok in Oculus Home.

All is well! At least for now LOL.

Redlightning777
Protege
Thanks for the controller loss fix 🙂  Tested it last night and it works great...

Now on to testing the odd controller grip with throwing more extensively..  I'll report back .
Anonymous
Not applicable
Time to jump back in then.
Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

Ugh,
So due to my Rift S microphone always dropping out at the most inconvenient times, I said heck with it and ordered a desktop mic. Have it set up and it is working great.  No more dealing with mic dropouts.
I disabled the Rift S mic.

However now when opening Oculus Home, my Rift S is showing a big red X, and it says " no headset audio". I have headset audio through the Rift S jack using earbuds, audio is fine. I just have mic disabled.
So now I guess I am always going to have a warning there with big red X and everything is now working great for me??
I know this a little OCD of me, but I like having everything showing green and ok.

Or maybe Oculus could fix it to where if one has the mic disabled it will still show green and ok for audio? 

Update: Never mind , I got it. Apparently it was when the Rift S mic had dropped out again, I unplugged the usb and plugged back in. Now the Rift S mic is showing in device manager as disabled, and all green and ok in Oculus Home.

All is well! At least for now LOL.

Well I was wrong with it being fixed, apparently with the Rift S mic disabled I am always going to have the red warning in Oculus that I have no headset audio, even though I do. Certainly does not affect my experience, just an annoyance in the warning.

Maybe Oculus will correct this at some point.
Downluck
Protege
Now it's working nicely. Thanks Oculus. I have noticed I'm not getting any kinda of trouble with the microphone after the PTC 1.41 such as the Robotic voice on my Rift S, did someone notice this as well? did they sort it out maybe?
EDIT: After a while the robotic voice showed up, I'm keep waiting for this to be fixed. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
And now I am getting a message it looks like I have connected a new device, would I like to set up my Rift S now?
This after a long gaming session with it and it is working fine.
And of course still have the red X in the desktop app, showing I have no headset audio.
I have audio through my earbuds in Rift S jack and mic through my USB Mic as I had nothing but problems with Rift S mic.

So everything working swimmingly, but annoyed by the big Red X and message asking if I would like to set up my new Rift S.

Orkel
Adventurer

Downluck said:

Now it's working nicely. Thanks Oculus. I have noticed I'm not getting any kinda of trouble with the microphone after the PTC 1.41 such as the Robotic voice on my Rift S, did someone notice this as well? did they sort it out maybe?

Robotic voices still happen in the PT for both me and a friend. For me and most people it's a random second of static sounding voice when talking in social games. Friend's situation is worse and the static robotic voice sticks forever until he restarts the Rift by unplugging/replugging the USB cable.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I continued to get mic dropouts at most inopportune times - solved it by disabling the mic and adding a desktop USB mic.
I am golden now. Cept Oculus Home still insists on giving me a red X saying I have no headset audio lol.
Dovahkiin74
Explorer
Look peeps, they are more focused on the quest then they are on the rift. If you buy a rift you should already know the warning signs that its going to be buggy. They don't care if the rift works at all as long as they get the most from the quest. It's like a gimmick ...make sure the rift s doesn't work or ...well, they will have to buy the quest or do without or put up with all the bugs in the rift. Ever since I bought the rift s I have had to spend more time trying to fix issues then getting any experience out of it. So just remember they are all about the Oculus Quest so if you buy a rift then you are just going to have to deal with bad software/hardware and know that backs are being turned on you. They need to add a sticker on the box " USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"
TragicDelight
Protege

Look peeps, they are more focused on the quest then they are on the rift. If you buy a rift you should already know the warning signs that its going to be buggy. They don't care if the rift works at all as long as they get the most from the quest. It's like a gimmick ...make sure the rift s doesn't work or ...well, they will have to buy the quest or do without or put up with all the bugs in the rift. Ever since I bought the rift s I have had to spend more time trying to fix issues then getting any experience out of it. So just remember they are all about the Oculus Quest so if you buy a rift then you are just going to have to deal with bad software/hardware and know that backs are being turned on you. They need to add a sticker on the box " USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

Go get your shine box.
Downluck
Protege

Orkel said:

Downluck said:

Robotic voices still happen in the PT for both me and a friend. For me and most people it's a random second of static sounding voice when talking in social games. Friend's situation is worse and the static robotic voice sticks forever until he restarts the Rift by unplugging/replugging the USB cable.

You were right, the robotic voice still around. I was so excited until my friend says that I was sounding like r2d2 again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the Rift S Mic is not much better if at all than the audio strap.
Which is why I use a USB Desktop Mic and earbuds plugged into Rift S jack.

Rift S is a good headset, but those two quality issues are not so good for the Oculus name.
CmdrRiker
Explorer
Just started downloading 1.42. Any details on that? 
ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

CmdrRiker said:

Just started downloading 1.42. Any details on that? 

Release notes coming soon. We're running a little behind today. Sorry for the delay!
Sea_happy
Honored Guest

so when are ya'll over there at facebook gonna add a dead zone thing so we can fix or controller drift?