cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch controllers randomly lag behind

uzishan
Sightseer
So for about a while now (2-3 months) i pretty much stopped using my oculus rift for anything else except ets2 and pj cars 2. The problem is as follows, randomly the controllers(especially) in games simply lag behind, remain in a fixed position or just "fly away" for a few seconds, a thing which is especially annoying when playing beat saber on high or expert difficulties. I tried using new batteries, placed each usb device on a different controller(my crosshair vi hero luckily offers me this possibility) thinking it might have some usb 3.0 limitation, disabled usb 3.0 selective suspend, placed my sensors on the ceiling, reinstalled even windows and I'm running out of ideas.

so my configuration is as follows:

Oculus Rift + 2 Sensors+ Oculus touch controllers

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0Ghz 1.4125v
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero
Memory: 2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GTX1080ti
SoundCard: Asus Strix soar
Storage: 1x Samsung EVO 860 250GB M.2 SSD, 1x Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD sata3, 1x Samsung QVO 860 1TB SSD Sata.3

Peripherals:
Mouse: Logitech G502
KB: Logitech G910
Steering Wheel: Logitech G920
Headset: Logitech G633

So I pretty much listed any hw I have in case there is a known conflict with any of the parts and I missed it.
Also added Picture below of config. Ignore the messy cable management, it's a work in progress as I just cleaned everything around there and have to rearrange them(again)

y6pta64sownt.jpg
3 REPLIES 3

CaTaPulT88
Explorer
You mentioned pCars-2, I take it you have a wheel and pedals to race with. If so, Try turning off the power to the wheel/pedals, seems the pedals of sim racing wheels interfere with VR headset controllers (not just the Rift). Try it, it might cure your problem since you don't really need the VR controllers to Sim race.

uzishan
Sightseer

You mentioned pCars-2, I take it you have a wheel and pedals to race with. If so, Try turning off the power to the wheel/pedals, seems the pedals of sim racing wheels interfere with VR headset controllers (not just the Rift). Try it, it might cure your problem since you don't really need the VR controllers to Sim race.

I will definitely try this tomorrow morning. Even though it does seem strange since there is only one sensor on the same usb 3.0 set as with the steering wheel. I will come back if it fixed the problem. The weird thing is that 90% of the time the left controller loses tracking and only sometimes the right one. If this doesn't fix the issue I'm thinking of rma'ing the whole set.

uzishan
Sightseer
done. issue remains exactly the same. even though I double checked that each sensor is on a usb 3 controller and the headset on a separate one. I do use a usb3.0 extender on the headset. might that cause the delay?