Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just had a proper look at this Multitool that I got given and it's awesome. Needs A LOT of fixing though. Have just fixed the Terrain Manipulator but there's LOADS more stuff on it. It's bloody HUUUUUGE  😮

Am a bit worried that it might be overpowered once I get it all fixed though. It's basically a bloody rifle lol 😄

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

snowdog said:

I've just had a proper look at this Multitool that I got given and it's awesome. Needs A LOT of fixing though. Have just fixed the Terrain Manipulator but there's LOADS more stuff on it. It's bloody HUUUUUGE  😮
Where did you get it?  From another player or from the story line?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

Am a bit worried that it might be overpowered once I get it all fixed though. It's basically a bloody rifle lol 😄

The first thing I bought when I got some money together was a new multi-tool with a lot more slots. It looked like a rifle in the display case, but it just feels like a larger pistol in my hand. I’ve got a couple upgrades to improve my analysis visor, an advanced mining beam, a bolt caster upgrade, a personal forcefield, and I just added a plasma grenade attachment (I found my first manufacturing facility last night and got the blueprint there, but I haven’t found one of the components to finish building it yet).

By the way, when you’re adding technology upgrades to your tool (and also your exosuit and ship), you get an increased effect if you put it in an adjacent slot to the base tech that it improves. You’ll know if it worked because both items (the base tech and the upgrade) will get coloured highlight boxes around them. You have to plan a bit if you don’t have a lot of slots, because once they’re all filled, you can’t move anything around anymore. You can dismantle one and rebuild it, but I don’t think you get all the materials back when you do that. (Multi-tool upgrades are built from blueprints, unlike ship upgrades, which are bought ready-to-use.)

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RattyUK
Trustee
As @nalex66 said, grouping your modules will improve their efect, experiment with positioning as gains can be made when the core module is touching upgrades on 2, 3 or 4 sides.  The same effect can be gained in your ship, shuffle around the modules until the highest number is hit.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Griff0x
Protege
you can also use multiple of the same mod upgrades too,  i use 4 scanner mods along with my scanner.  scan any fauna and its 300k profit. 

Evileyes
Rising Star

Griff0x said:

you can also use multiple of the same mod upgrades too,  i use 4 scanner mods along with my scanner.  scan any fauna and its 300k profit. 

I've managed to get my fauna over $425k per, im rolling in credits!
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

Griff0x
Protege
yea,  its just xtra pocket change for the newer players as credits are required more at this point.   

best advice after around 600 hours (over pc and ps4) and 179 galaxies (pc) i can give is to get a farm setup with EM generators and batteries as this just rains credits when you acquire a nice BPrint, never want for any ship or freighter  you see again 😆

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Here's another tip for the VR controls while I think of it; to switch weapons in your ship, tap the left joystick upward. I knew I had rocket launchers, but for the longest time I didn't see how to use them. Then I added a beam weapon (which I thought might replace the photon cannon), but it didn't seem to have any effect, until I finally figured out how to cycle through the options.

Also, you can roll your ship left or right with the joystick on your right controller.

Anonymous
Not applicable

nalex66 said:

snowdog said:

The first thing I bought when I got some money together was a new multi-tool with a lot more slots. It looked like a rifle in the display case, but it just feels like a larger pistol in my hand. I’ve got a couple upgrades to improve my analysis visor, an advanced mining beam, a bolt caster upgrade, a personal forcefield, and I just added a plasma grenade attachment (I found my first manufacturing facility last night and got the blueprint there, but I haven’t found one of the components to finish building it yet).

By the way, when you’re adding technology upgrades to your tool (and also your exosuit and ship), you get an increased effect if you put it in an adjacent slot to the base tech that it improves. You’ll know if it worked because both items (the base tech and the upgrade) will get coloured highlight boxes around them. You have to plan a bit if you don’t have a lot of slots, because once they’re all filled, you can’t move anything around anymore. You can dismantle one and rebuild it, but I don’t think you get all the materials back when you do that. (Multi-tool upgrades are built from blueprints, unlike ship upgrades, which are bought ready-to-use.)

It's bigger than a larger pistol, it's physically about the size of a shotgun. I tried gripping the underside of it with my other hand but you can only use these things one handed by the looks of things.

It's going to take me ages to fix everything though.

I'm guessing I'll get the blueprints for a wire loom thingy if I follow the story?

I'll post a pic in a bit. Not too happy with the colour of it though, it's quite bright pinkish and green. A bit too lairy for my liking. 😄

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I think you can only get blueprints for crafting components like wire looms randomly from manufacturing facilities. I've been buying them as needed, but they go for about 61,000 units each. I needed 15 of them (along with a bunch of other stuff) to repair all the slots in the abandoned starship that I fixed up.