cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(blank screen) Rift S Crashes NON STOP (SOLVED!!)

Darrenteed
Explorer
My original post is below however it might not be descriptive enough to the actual problem so I am updating that here to hopefully help others.
Basically, the Oculus app would open, I would try to put on the headset and as soon as the headset would start to display, it would disconnect and the Oculus app would close and reopen. I could also just bump or move the headset to cause the crash. additionally, the app told me my USB drivers were out of date. My solution to this problem is in a comment below. 

ORIGINAL POST:
Hey There. I have sent a rift S in for repair because the headset would crash the second it was moved at all. I got my new one back today and same story.
Any ideas? I am at a loss now. 
83 REPLIES 83

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

Morgrum said:

Morgrum said:

This entire forum needs a complete overhaul and much stricter moderation.

Your right it does then we would not have to deal with people like yourself throwing tantrums and insulting people indiscriminately.

Sorry for the late response I was away from the net for awhile.

Yet another troll response.  I suggest you read the whole post I wrote.  People like me want a community--people like you do your best to prohibit that from happening.

Then I suggest you read over the dribble you spouted troughout this topic and others.
Anytime someone gives a point that you do not agree with.
Points out a flaw in your arguement.
Or has no issues themselves you resort to personal attacks and name calling.
The very essence of what you are doing is trolling.
I happen to just call you out on it because you are acting like a child.
You cannot attack and claim innocence.
The world simply does not work this way.

Your own short lived time here has proven that by your very actions you contrary to what you are saying want nothing more then to destabilize the community here.
You are not the first to act in this fashion and you wont be the last.

But do not try to convince yourself that you are innocent of what I have said time and again here on your posting habits.

OK, where have I attacked?  Where have I not provided solutions?  Where have you provided solutions instead of trolling?

This is my third or fourth post now trying to explain to you how new people truly feel when they finally post here.  They aren't posting to attack Oculus, they aren't, as you put it "screaming at the world instead of seeing reason," they are simply very frustrated that something advertised for it's ease of use isn't working for them as advertised.  They have spent hours/days scouring the web searching for answers.  They've submitted tickets to support that they've, most often, never even received a response to.  Then they come here and are ridiculed and attacked for posting their frustrations.

Can you not understand where they are coming from?

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

jab said:

Very true rednekcowboy77, but as an Oculus veteran (original kickstarter) I AM attacking the company and I could not care less what the fanboys think. These types of problems have plagued Oculus products from day one, and they seem incapable of improving since the same things keep happening every time they release.

That is simply because it is still the same software from your kickstarter days with just patches upon patches.  It has never been re-written, improved or made efficient.  This is why a patch applied will break more than the fix it was implementing.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

jerkoffs like @Morgrum 

professional shills like you polluting every legitimate thread out there.

“” You have deliberatly tried to make me stand up to you, But I dont not understand why when all I was doing was giving facts on electronic systems in the past And these are not the only direct reference to me.””

————————————————————

Please enlighten us with your wisdom and teach us all this COMMON SENSE you speak of but do not possess... 

“”In reference to Digikid because Digikid called you out and was through with you””

—————————————————————-

Crusty_Moist said:

i used to have this problem a lot when I lost all tracking but switching to a different usb port worked.

LMAO, OK so multiple users have had this issue for months with no actual resolution from Oculus support but you simply switching the usb port (as if no one has tried that) magically solved the issue???  believable /sarcasm  

“” Oh look someone did not share your issues and you jumped at them.””

——————————————————-

I had issues with the CV1 but I didnt come in here yelling and throwing a tantrum because it did not work.

I worked with the folks on these forums and got through it.

You came here the exact opposite and tried to act like an internet tough guy when folks would not bend to your angry post.

Like I have said you are not the first nor will you be the last.

You have snapped at Myself, Digikid, Falkin, RattyUK, Crusty_Moist, even Daft in less then 60 post.

Probably more folks to be honest but im not about to go searching through your history.

You seem to be trying to fight everyone here for some unknown reason.

I asked you to be patient and you attacked so here I am calling you out on your hypocrisy.

Good luck going back and editing you post to remove any evidence since that is the next step in the troll forum warfare handbook.

BTW I do not attack folks on these forums but I do stand up to folks who act like you have.

And I will call you or anyone else out when they act the way you have.

Regardless of your response I am leaving the area with Wifi connection and I will see how you reply tommorrow.

WAAAGH!

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

Morgrum said:

jerkoffs like @Morgrum 

professional shills like you polluting every legitimate thread out there.

“” You have deliberatly tried to make me stand up to you, But I dont not understand why when all I was doing was giving facts on electronic systems in the past And these are not the only direct reference to me.””

————————————————————

Please enlighten us with your wisdom and teach us all this COMMON SENSE you speak of but do not possess... 

“”In reference to Digikid because Digikid called you out and was through with you””

—————————————————————-

Crusty_Moist said:

i used to have this problem a lot when I lost all tracking but switching to a different usb port worked.

LMAO, OK so multiple users have had this issue for months with no actual resolution from Oculus support but you simply switching the usb port (as if no one has tried that) magically solved the issue???  believable /sarcasm  

“” Oh look someone did not share your issues and you jumped at them.””

——————————————————-

I had issues with the CV1 but I didnt come in here yelling and throwing a tantrum because it did not work.

I worked with the folks on these forums and got through it.

You came here the exact opposite and tried to act like an internet tough guy when folks would not bend to your angry post.

Like I have said you are not the first nor will you be the last.

You have snapped at Myself, Digikid, Falkin, RattyUK, Crusty_Moist, even Daft in less then 60 post.

Probably more folks to be honest but im not about to go searching through your history.

You seem to be trying to fight everyone here for some unknown reason.

I asked you to be patient and you attacked so here I am calling you out on your hypocrisy.

Good luck going back and editing you post to remove any evidence since that is the next step in the troll forum warfare handbook.

BTW I do not attack folks on these forums but I do stand up to folks who act like you have.

And I will call you or anyone else out when they act the way you have.

Regardless of your response I am leaving the area with Wifi connection and I will see how you reply tommorrow.

OK, post the whole posts and not just my responses then or, if you are going to go on reddit, post a link to the discussion instead of just grabbing one of my postings on reddit out of context--or even going so far as to completely manufacture complete postings altogether--either properly quote and provide actual links or quit manufactuing complete falsehoods.  Even with a good number of those posts that actually have a partial basis in reality, I go on to provide a solution to the issue but you neglected to quote that posting.  YOU ABSOLUTELY AND UNEQUIVEQUALLY ATTACK ANYONE THAT HAS A LEGITIMATE ISSUE on these forums almost every single time.  This thread alone, you have done nothing but attack me, even though I have tried several times to have a legitimate conversation with you.

Why do you constantly derail threads and attack users?  This very thread is the ultimate example of your posting history.  Do you have nothing better to do than to attack REAL PEOPLE WITH REAL ISSUES?  It is extremely sad and pathetic.and does nothing but damage the community and is the very reason why the Oculus community is stifled and extremely immature despite the age of the technology.

If you have nothing helpful to offer, once again, I AM BEGGING YOU to stop posting as you are completely destroying this community.

Would you like me to go back into your history and grab your postings?  Please, give me a posting of yours where you last helped a user.....You can't because I went back months and never found one SINGLE INSTANCE where you have done anything but troll people.  Anyone can check your history to verify what I say is true.  At the same time, I welcome anyone to check my posting history--nothing will be edited prior to this date--so they can see the true story instead of whatever that pathetic mess you just posted is.  Perhaps at the beginning you truly tried to assist people here but at least within the last year, you have done nothing but aggressively attack and target anyone that dared had anything negative to say about their experiences with their oculus products.  Your account is currently under review and likely will be severely limited in the near future.  Neither Oculus nor I are impressed with your activity whatsoever as you are severely damaging this community and public perception--along with the others you listed above.  Thank you for giving us other accounts to review in our revamp of these forums.

kojack
MVP
MVP
It is interesting to have the person who told a moderator "Tell the whole truth instead of bsing" then wanting stronger moderation. That might backfire. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

sford52
Heroic Explorer

.....  Your account is currently under review and likely will be severely limited in the near future.  Neither Oculus nor I are impressed with your activity whatsoever as you are severely damaging this community and public perception--along with the others you listed above.  Thank you for giving us other accounts to review in our revamp of these forums.

OK, I am really confused...
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

kojack
MVP
MVP

Your account is currently under review and likely will be severely limited in the near future.  Neither Oculus nor I are impressed with your activity whatsoever as you are severely damaging this community and public perception--along with the others you listed above.  Thank you for giving us other accounts to review in our revamp of these forums.

False on all counts. Please don't pretend to be in a position of authority over this forum.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

sford52 said:

.....  Your account is currently under review and likely will be severely limited in the near future.  Neither Oculus nor I are impressed with your activity whatsoever as you are severely damaging this community and public perception--along with the others you listed above.  Thank you for giving us other accounts to review in our revamp of these forums.

OK, I am really confused...

He's pulling a silly, and thinks he has power for some reason.

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

kojack said:

Your account is currently under review and likely will be severely limited in the near future.  Neither Oculus nor I are impressed with your activity whatsoever as you are severely damaging this community and public perception--along with the others you listed above.  Thank you for giving us other accounts to review in our revamp of these forums.

False on all counts. Please don't pretend to be in a position of authority over this forum.

I guess time will tell......

Techy111
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

I guess time will tell......

Well in that case please review mine and let us know how it goes ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.