cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Rift cables.

AngryKFP
Protege
So it appears that you can no longer buy replacement rift cables, can we get some official feedback as to whether this is a temporary issue or has Oculus ceased production of them? 
110 REPLIES 110

falken76
Expert Consultant
Does Oculus even have an employee that moderates this forum anymore?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I think there's a user called @ShowbizDonkey that help sometimes.

parsecn
Heroic Explorer

falken76 said:

Does Oculus even have an employee that moderates this forum anymore?

See this thread: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/79952/hdmi-cable-and-cannot-order-new-one 

kojack (volunteer mod) says, "The forum is a community support forum (in other words we are supporting each other). If you want Oculus staff to listen, the ticket system, feedback in the client and user voice are the official channels.
There's still a couple of staff around, but we don't have people on here full time (well, beyond full time) like Cyber and Imperativity (dev boards)." 

parsecn
Heroic Explorer
I've contacted TPCast asking when or if they plan to restock the kit for CV1. 

Firstly, it took them two days to reply. Second, they replied, "The TPCAST for Rift is out of stock, but we still have a lot of TPCAST for Vive, you could buy it if you want, thank you" 

I replied that I'm not purchasing a VIVE and a TPCast, asking again, do you plan to ever restock TPCast for CV1 to which they replied, "No, we have no specific date"

So we may be screwed on the TPCast option.

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is now a User Voice thingy here if you guys and girls want to give it a vote!

https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift/suggestions/38506144

B) 

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Hi

I just found this on another forum.  I think i will try to get a mate to print one out for me

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

kojack
MVP
MVP

parsecn said:

I've contacted TPCast asking when or if they plan to restock the kit for CV1. 

Firstly, it took them two days to reply. Second, they replied, "The TPCAST for Rift is out of stock, but we still have a lot of TPCAST for Vive, you could buy it if you want, thank you" 

I replied that I'm not purchasing a VIVE and a TPCast, asking again, do you plan to ever restock TPCast for CV1 to which they replied, "No, we have no specific date"

So we may be screwed on the TPCast option.

The TPCAST for the Rift might be out of stock, but they do have in stock the Oculus cable for $39.90.

From what I can tell, its basically a replacement Oculus cable, plus some power bits for the battery pack. I don't know if it will work stand alone, but it looks like it would.
I would guess it's a lot shorter than the normal Rift cable, so stick some extensions on it.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I have been checking online to see if you can buy a replacement cable or at least a second hand one, but not much luck, and i was hoping to wait until this time next year before i looked at replacing my Cv1, but now i am thinking it might actually be better to trade in the CV1 now towards something else, possibly a Vive........i just don't know as now i am too scared to use it just in case. lol
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

parsecn
Heroic Explorer

OmegaM4N said:

I have been checking online to see if you can buy a replacement cable or at least a second hand one, but not much luck, and i was hoping to wait until this time next year before i looked at replacing my Cv1, but now i am thinking it might actually be better to trade in the CV1 now towards something else, possibly a Vive........i just don't know as now i am too scared to use it just in case. lol

Please take a moment to vote https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift/suggestions/38506144
to send a message to Oculus to keep supporting CV1 (including cable replacement).

We are 10 votes away from making page 1 of top feedback https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift/filters/top

jag
Honored Guest
Hi all,
My oculus cable dead!!!
And no replacement at all. 
2years 2 months and no place to buy..... 
To bad!!!