cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Forum

sergio.amateis
Explorer
I am checkin' this forum every day, since I got my GO, 3 weeks ago.
No new posts, many questions without answers.  Dead Forum.
Anyone know some places more popular than this?
10 REPLIES 10

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Dead forum ? For the Go or in general ? The buzz for the Go fizzled a long time ago as the headset has been out a while. Some really useful threads to read through and still LOADS of experiences to try.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can't find what you're looking for here, then try Reddit.

sergio.amateis
Explorer
Yes, not bad..... already following it   🙂

falken76
Expert Consultant
Reddit and google groups I assume....  The go is just a 3dof headset that's almost like a Samsung gear.  It's not very interesting to me at all, I assume the same can be said about the majority that have an actual interest in real VR.  But it's a great media device if you like the idea of watching a movie for a couple of hours with a box strapped directly to your face.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I do with mine @falken76 I mean unless you have a TV on your ceiling, I find it extremely comfortable to lie on my back in bed and stare up with the Go on for a good 2 hour movie fest 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

falken76
Expert Consultant
Ugghh, sounds terrible, but to each their own....

sford52
Heroic Explorer
Shoot. I came here thinking "Dead Forum" was a new game and I was intrigued.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

StayPuft83
Protege

Techy111 said:

I do with mine @falken76 I mean unless you have a TV on your ceiling, I find it extremely comfortable to lie on my back in bed and stare up with the Go on for a good 2 hour movie fest 🙂

Personally, I love watching stuff in Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. in my Go. It feels, to me, basically like getting to watch on a giant screen in a really nice apartment, or a movie theater (depending upon which app you use). Funny enough, I actually find I prefer it to watching on my actual TV now. If only the battery would last longer I'd be watching almost everything in there instead of on my TV. Heck, I'm hoping at some point there is a way to watch my shows from my DVR in the Oculus Go and/or Quest. Then I may never use my TV again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I enjoy watching videos with the Go and Quest, but I'm usually eating popcorn or drinking coffee/tea while watching things, as well as either using a vaporizer or rolling a few along the way, which makes things a little difficult while wearing a headset. 😛