Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Some good info here. Keep em coming. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RattyUK
Trustee
Nice things can be picked up too...  (I'm 160 Hrs played so lots of upgrades)

4hr8rqqf8smu.jpg

PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I had a good session last night. Advanced the main quest a little further, got my first freighter, and started expending my base with the overseer quest line. Knocked over another manufacturing facility, and this time I got an Atlas Pass blueprint. (Finally!) I don’t know if it always works this way, but I had a choice of credits, nanites, or a new recipe. I got to unlock a component recipe from a tech tree similar to the research computer.

The latest patch seems to have improved the way the cartographer works—I turned in a bunch of nav data at one station, and finally got a variety of chart types (I think I got all the types). Previously, I had only been getting trading outposts. I think I’ll make it my mission to hit a bunch of manufacturing facilities now and try to unlock all the blueprints. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Played for maybe 3 hrs so far. Just going at my own pace but IF I had 1 complaint it would be the wiring. It is a bit too fiddly for its own good and just makes everything messy . I wish either the wiring was automatic or to be honest better yet just abstracted it and didn't show it. Add to that I read that the wiring actually adds to the max number of items we can put on our map and too many can effect performance.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
Session Report:
Thanks to advice on this forum I used my teleporter several times to bounce from base camp to the local space station(s) a few times.  This is an awesome way to get around.  Also picked up 2 exosuit inventory slots free of charge.
Traded in some nav data to the cartographer and found a trading outpost nearby.  Checked it out, pretty close to my base.
Built a storage container.  Ok, whatever.  I think it requires power.
Built a signal booster (whatever the hell that does).  I think it found a crashed freighter next to my camp that I already knew about.
Got some more archives out of my base computer.
Mined the shit out of cobalt in 2 large cave structures.  Sold it for a lot.  I have over 4 million now, so I ought to start spending it on upgrades.  Cobalt market is flooded so I'll start selling it on the space station in the other system.
Dug up some more buried tech modules - I'll keep these now to unlock plans in my construction computer.
I had to force myself to quit as it's in the middle of the night now. 
Nalex, if you're reading this, thanks for the tips and to everyone else for their nuggets of knowledge.  You all have helped me greatly in my quest to become the ultimate space pimp.
@#%$, this game is good.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey gang will this game work through Open Composite?

RattyUK
Trustee

dburne said:

I think so - there was talk of the controller mapping being shot initially but I think I read somewhere that it had been 'sorted'.
Until Hello Games manage to implement Direct Mode for their VR performance appears to be wildly varying among users (including me!) from acceptable to tat...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Can't wait to plat this in my HP Reverb. Appreciate the tips keep them coming because I'm waiting for the HP Reverb before I play. I've only got until Monday to wait.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I think I’m going to have to spend my next session just using up my planetary charts, because my inventory is full of them. I’ve started selling the trading post ones, because I don’t find them that useful. I do like hitting the manufacturing facilities, and I’ve got another 7 “secure site” charts to use. Between the charts, the base expansion missions, and the freighter stuff, I’m awash in activities to keep me busy.

I bought a “scope” upgrade for my bolt caster and it was a total waste of nanites. I expected some sort of visual aim assist or targeting reticle, but it made no difference that I could tell, except it made it impossible to reliably switch between my alt devices (scope, personal shield, and plasma grenade). I wonder if it’s another one of those things that just doesn’t work in VR mode, like the exocraft mining beam? I ended up dismantling it for parts.

I think I’m probably due for another new multi-tool—I’ve used up all my slots, and I want to try some of the other weapon types (scatter blaster or pulse splitter). 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

RattyUK said:

dburne said:

I think so - there was talk of the controller mapping being shot initially but I think I read somewhere that it had been 'sorted'.
Until Hello Games manage to implement Direct Mode for their VR performance appears to be wildly varying among users (including me!) from acceptable to tat...

Ok thanks, may have to give this a go then. I really do not care for Steam VR.  Though I have no idea where I will find the time LOL.