Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I’ve got an S and an A upgrade that both improve the visor, both bought at space station vendors. They show up in the store as Scanner upgrades, but once installed the description mentions the analysis visor.

I’ve seen people mention getting rich from scan data, but I’m not sure how that works, since you get nanites rather than credits from uploaded data. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
Guys, I have a question.  Let's say I come across some location I want to return to later.  How do I mark it so that I can find my way back to it later?  For example, a trading post, building, crashed ship, etc.

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

nalex66 said:

I’ve got an S and an A upgrade that both improve the visor, both bought at space station vendors. They show up in the store as Scanner upgrades, but once installed the description mentions the analysis visor.

I’ve seen people mention getting rich from scan data, but I’m not sure how that works, since you get nanites rather than credits from uploaded data. 

Thanks Nalex.  You definitely do get the nanites from the data upload.  But you also get money (units) when you scan and hold the right trigger on an unidentified flora or fauna entity.  I remember when I first arrived at my current base plant I would just run around scanning stuff and 'identifying' them.  It was just a few hundred units or so each.  Then later I heard you could upload info for nanites.
But when you get on a new planet where everything is new I could see how you could make a major bankroll in a short time by just identifying things.  However, this requires major visor upgrades and I think that's the real hurdle.
I know there are ways to exploit the economic system by running wiring looms and various resources back and forth between systems to take advantage of the market - like selling a ton of something then buying it right back at the same location a much lower price.  Then move to another system and repeat.  I don't really want to do it this way.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, I’ve seen that guide about crashing markets, buying back the stock for cheap, and moving on to the next system. I’m not really interested in gaming the system to get everything quickly—I’d rather get there a little more organically. 

I’ll have to look more closely at what I’m getting when I scan. You can only have four upgrades per technology; if you add one more, they all stop working and you have to uninstall one. I’ve got an S and an A, plus a lower grade one, so once I replace that with a better one and get one more, I’m not sure how else I can improve my scan reward. 

Guys, I have a question.  Let's say I come across some location I want to return to later.  How do I mark it so that I can find my way back to it later?  For example, a trading post, building, crashed ship, etc.

If you drop a save beacon there, it gives you a star icon that should remain visible. When I wanted to mark my first crashed ship I dropped a base computer, but I kind of regret it now because I don’t think you can get rid of a base and I have no need to go back there. 

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

nalex66 said:

Rob_In_Phoenix said:

If you drop a save beacon there, it gives you a star icon that should remain visible. When I wanted to mark my first crashed ship I dropped a base computer, but I kind of regret it now because I don’t think you can get rid of a base and I have no need to go back there. 

Ahh yes, I just got the blueprint for one of these last night on my construction computer.  That should be perfect as a marker.  I'd really like to find a crashed ship and rebuild it.  Even if it's not very lucrative I think it would be a good project to learn about ship components.  I'll have to experiment with this to find out if multiple markers can be used.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You can find crashed ships with "distress signal" planetary charts, but I got mine fairly early on following the main quest (at one of the Artemis distress beacons). I'm pretty sure that's scripted to always lead you to a ship, although the ship itself is random, I think. I'm still flying her--she's a C-class, but 23/3 slots is not too bad. Reckless Victory MJ7:
ulazk1nq9xen.jpg

I found another crashed ship last night (a cool looking B-class Explorer, but I think it only had 17 slots). I claimed it and then left, but I think it should show up on my freighter next time I'm there.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Hi. Are all the crashed ships salvagable ? I have found an absolutely massive ship but it is in pieces. It doesn't "feel" like it is repairable and TBH the ship is so big it looks a bit endgame not 5 hrs in still on 1st ship

But just incase I have a rare barnfind on my hands I am checking . Taaa
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Thanks Nalex.  You definitely do get the nanites from the data upload.  But you also get money (units) when you scan and hold the right trigger on an unidentified flora or fauna entity.  I remember when I first arrived at my current base plant I would just run around scanning stuff and 'identifying' them.  It was just a few hundred units or so each.

Okay, so I checked, and I’m getting about 35,000 units per plant scanned. My S-class upgrade increases the value of both flora and fauna, and my A-class does just flora. I’ve since added another A-class for fauna. Each upgrade increases the scan value by 5000 to 8000%, and also increase the scan radius. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Hi. Are all the crashed ships salvagable ? I have found an absolutely massive ship but it is in pieces. It doesn't "feel" like it is repairable and TBH the ship is so big it looks a bit endgame not 5 hrs in still on 1st ship

But just incase I have a rare barnfind on my hands I am checking . Taaa

You should be able to do a pull interaction with crashed ships to see their inventory screen, and then there should be a button at the bottom to claim the ship. It sounds like you might have found a crashed freighter—I don’t think you can claim those. 

For regular ships, don’t swap your ship for it, you can own multiples. You can use the summon ship option in the Quick Menu to change which is your current active ship. 

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Sounds about right thanks for the info. 
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂