Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

RattyUK
Trustee

Hi. Are all the crashed ships salvagable ? I have found an absolutely massive ship but it is in pieces. It doesn't "feel" like it is repairable and TBH the ship is so big it looks a bit endgame not 5 hrs in still on 1st ship

But just incase I have a rare barnfind on my hands I am checking . Taaa

Sounds like a  crashed Freighter - It will have salvagable cargo, ususally hidden behind damaged doors and often buried also.  If there was a small section with steps up to a ball-like thing you will be able to get some of the background story too from it.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

Hi. Are all the crashed ships salvagable ? I have found an absolutely massive ship but it is in pieces. It doesn't "feel" like it is repairable and TBH the ship is so big it looks a bit endgame not 5 hrs in still on 1st ship

But just incase I have a rare barnfind on my hands I am checking . Taaa

If it's massive then it's definitely a freighter and you can't repair it to make it fly again.  But you can loot the storage containers.  I have a crashed freighter right next to my base camp and I haven't really gone through it yet.  It's on my list of things to do (which seems to get longer every time I play).

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Huh, I never looted anything from the crashed freighter early in the main quest... I guess I wouldn’t be able to find my way back to it at this point. I wish this game allowed multiple manual saves so I could go back and check stuff like that more easily. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RattyUK
Trustee

nalex66 said:

Huh, I never looted anything from the crashed freighter early in the main quest... I guess I wouldn’t be able to find my way back to it at this point. I wish this game allowed multiple manual saves so I could go back and check stuff like that more easily. 

If you found the Freighter on your current planet it should be reasonably easy to find again from space (reasonably!) or if a previous planet by doing the same.  There does seem to be good chances to find a crash site often during your travels.  The storage containers on them always need 'repair' and the buried ones, reached using Terrain Manipulator, often give better goodies.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

bigmike20vt
Visionary

nalex66 said:

So i found this ship exploring before i got the quest to go to it.... i have now got the quest and "found" it again.... my base is a good few miles from it so i need to fly to it from my base. i found some bits and bobs around it but a lot of it need an atlas key to open which i do not have yet.
I lvoe this game but just not got the time to dedicate to it yet.  booked a day off on the 17th of  this month to hopefully sink some hrs into it.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP

bigmike20vt said:. 
I lvoe this game but just not got the time to dedicate to it yet.  booked a day off on the 17th of  this month to hopefully sink some hrs into it.

It is definitely a time sink. I just checked my Steam profile—I’ve put 50 hours into this game in less than three weeks (I didn’t start until about a week after release).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Holy shit, I just got the HP Reverb and No Mans Sky looks like playing it on a 2D monitor but in VR. I set my Steam VR to 180% SS and it looks like a dream come true. I haven't even bumped the graphics up yet from enhanced and I'm still absolutely blown away with the HP Reverb. Seriously, this is what Resolution VR needs to be at, if it stayed at the HP Reverbs resolution for years to come I'd be happy.

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

RedRizla said:

Holy shit, I just got the HP Reverb and No Mans Sky looks like playing it on a 2D monitor but in VR. I set my Steam VR to 180% SS and it looks like a dream come true. I haven't even bumped the graphics up yet from enhanced and I'm still absolutely blown away with the HP Reverb. Seriously, this is what Resolution VR needs to be at, if it stayed at the HP Reverbs resolution for years to come I'd be happy.

I have a GTX1060 and I'm running the game with some of the settings raised.  Granted I'm reprojecting constantly, but it still looks great and with minimal artifacts.  And since I'm essentially always running 45 fps, I may as well just raise some of the graphics settings - and I've done this a few times.  So far, no issues.  I have all my settings at enhanced and some higher than this.  SS is of course at 1.
I'm not running any AA at all.  I tried FXAA a bit and it didn't make things look better for me.
On a pc with a killer graphics card and high res head set, it must look amazing.  But with what I have, I'm very happy with performance and look of the game.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RedRizla said:

I have a GTX1060 and I'm running the game with some of the settings raised.  Granted I'm reprojecting constantly, but it still looks great and with minimal artifacts.  And since I'm essentially always running 45 fps, I may as well just raise some of the graphics settings - and I've done this a few times.  So far, no issues.  I have all my settings at enhanced and some higher than this.  SS is of course at 1.
I'm not running any AA at all.  I tried FXAA a bit and it didn't make things look better for me.
On a pc with a killer graphics card and high res head set, it must look amazing.  But with what I have, I'm very happy with performance and look of the game.

Yes, believe me, it's like night and day difference with the HP Reverb resolution.

msm903
Protege

RedRizla said:

What Framerate are you getting?  On my index I can't maintain more than 40 (120hz)or maybe 45 (90hz)fps depending on the resolution I selected.  I would think a 2080ti would be helpful. My Rift S sits with ASW on most of the time at 40 fps.