cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Technical issues

Poobingtonn
Honored Guest
I received my Rift S a few days ago and I'm extremely frustrated with it. Ever since I got it I've been having tracking problems, black screens, and stutters. Only the Oculus tutorials have worked with no problems. Being in Oculus home is terrible. I get a grainy black vignette and the worst stuttering out of any program. At first My headset would lock in game menus and I wouldn't be able to look at the menu options. After writing a support ticket I got that fixed, but I'm still getting the problems listed at the start. Sometimes while i'm waiting for a game to load my screen will start flickering and I get a massive migraine. The only cause I could see would be the fact that my graphics card is a GTX 1050, and not the minimum 1050 ti, but I don't think that would cause this many problems.
2 REPLIES 2

Richooal
Consultant
Oculus are definitely having problems with the Rift S and it looks like they are very slowly sorting them out. In my opinion, many of these problems should have been detected and fixed by testing on a wider variety of PC specs before releasing the headset to the public.
However, you're only asking for trouble by starting "behind the eight ball" with a graphics card that is below minimum requirements. It was below for the CV1, so it's not likely to perform any better on the CV1.01.

I think lots of people will be telling you to upgrade your card.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Poobingtonn
Honored Guest

Richooal said:

Oculus are definitely having problems with the Rift S and it looks like they are very slowly sorting them out. In my opinion, many of these problems should have been detected and fixed by testing on a wider variety of PC specs before releasing the headset to the public.
However, you're only asking for trouble by starting "behind the eight ball" with a graphics card that is below minimum requirements. It was below for the CV1, so it's not likely to perform any better on the CV1.01.

I think lots of people will be telling you to upgrade your card.

I just thought I'd snag this early and upgrade at some point a bit later, but now I need to upgrade as soon as I can just so I can properly use this thing. I also didn't think that would cause so many problems. Thank you though !