cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

glasses dont work anymore.

Pvp_mies
Honored Guest
so a little ago i decided to clean my glasses as i could mostly only see dirt when i looked into them, as i did not have any cleaning wipes on me at the time, i sprayed a little bit of window cleaner, after i wiped it off with water, my glasses left eye started having flickering purple lighting and when i turned my glasses off the screen doesnt turn on again, and it says tracking bad in my glasses.
5 REPLIES 5

Pvp_mies
Honored Guest
not dirt but stains

I assume when you say glasses, you mean your headset?

Never spray liquids into your headset.  Harsh chemicals can damage the lenses but liquids can also damage the screens or electronics if they get inside.

At this point though, if liquid is inside, I've heard that putting the affected equipment in a container with something that absorbs moisture cam help, such as rice (being sure to keep the rice separate from the headset but inside the same box.

But I'd say contact support first and see what advice they give.

falken76
Expert Consultant
You probably ruined your headset by using windex on the lenses.  I don't know about the Rift S, but the original CV1 said to never use cleaners on the lenses because it could very easily damage them.  Perhaps that's what you've done with your set.  Open a support ticket and hope they cover it, chances are they'll say "Sorry, we said don't use cleaners on the lenses for a reason".

MikeF
Trustee
Yeah, every headset comes with two stickers on the lenses for this exact reason. Avoid sunlight, no liquid cleaners.

Digikid1
Consultant
Headset. Not glasses.