cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Tracking Freeze Randomly

Zooropix
Explorer
Hi
After Random amount of time Oculus seems to lose tracking. The game seems to keep working on, but the picture track is at the same position when I move my head and also the controllers are stuck in position.
It happened in random games, it happened even when I was "drawing" my working space.
None of buttons work after. Only Hard reset works. After reset the Oculus works fine until next Freeze which happens randomly aprox in 20-40min
Please HELP!
20 REPLIES 20

DummyNicc
Honored Guest
The most problems I had with the freezing is when I was playing Rec Room VR. Mine froze and then started looping the same 2 seconds of audio I heard from when it actually froze. It didn’t turn off when I tried to turn it off completely, and I plugged it in to charge only to realize that the console didn’t even know it was charging. NOTHING WORKED. Please help

Serpula
Protege

Zooropix said:

So I have my new replaced Oculus Quest. Running Third evening and NO PROBLEM AT ALL. I guess replace new unit is only solution for this issue so far at this moment

Are you on the latest firmware yet? I think the problems are with version 6180...

lil_cimmon
Honored Guest
had kind of different problem but fixed it

Madchimpgirl
Honored Guest
My quest completely freezes up randomly when I play rec room and tilt brush it ran fine first few days then got really bad only short fix I found has been restarting the game or reinstall them but I'm getting real annoyed doing this a few times a day it's becoming a real big issue for me especially when I lose my game progress as I can't save 😕

mikey123211
Honored Guest

Zooropix said:

I tried it in different light conditions - daylight, normal, evening - all same effect - freeze
Also - My Oculus Quest is 128GB version - anyone with 64 with same problem?

I have a 64GB and it has done it many times

Nikorasu
Adventurer
I'm also having this issue.. The screen goes black for a second, tracking resets and shows boundaries, sometimes the app crashes, sometimes not. Happens once or twice every play session.. which is pretty bad.
I got a replacement headset last month for different issues.. And at first I didn't notice this issue, until that big update last month. So I'm not sure if it existed on this headset prior to that.. Since then no update has fixed it so far. 😕  Really hope they can fix this with a firmware update, rather not have to replace AGAIN.. tho this unit does have another bit white pixel in the passthrough cameras.. <_<... 😞

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer

Nikorasu said:

I'm also having this issue.. The screen goes black for a second, tracking resets and shows boundaries, sometimes the app crashes, sometimes not. Happens once or twice every play session.. which is pretty bad.
I got a replacement headset last month for different issues.. And at first I didn't notice this issue, until that big update last month. So I'm not sure if it existed on this headset prior to that.. Since then no update has fixed it so far. 😕  Really hope they can fix this with a firmware update, rather not have to replace AGAIN.. tho this unit does have another bit white pixel in the passthrough cameras.. <_<... 😞

Got these Blackouts too. Got the 9.0 firmware today and still the same. One or two times per session. 

Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

JohanTEAswe
Expert Protege
I also got the 9.0 update and also get these freezes. I think they are even worse than before. For me the freezes are related to downloading data. As long as I don't download an app in the backgroud or a game is loading or saving everything is fine but when I have an app downloading in the background all hell freezes over each 20 seconds.

Anonymous
Not applicable

JohanTEA said:

I also got the 9.0 update and also get these freezes. I think they are even worse than before. For me the freezes are related to downloading data. As long as I don't download an app in the backgroud or a game is loading or saving everything is fine but when I have an app downloading in the background all hell freezes over each 20 seconds.

I always wait until they're finished downloading, then I do a reboot before doing anything else. I found with my Go that after downloading Henry, it was all jumpy until I did a reboot. The Quest only has 4GBs of RAM, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Lempoop
Honored Guest

Just wait for The batteries to die