cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Will You Do When You Win The Lottery?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, let's assume that you've won £100m on the Euromillions or US Lottery. What will you do with the cash?

I'd do the following:

1) Find a horse the next day that's 100/1 and stick my £100m on the nose to win

2) With my £10bn I'll do the following:

• Buy a load of property (a house in the country, a house by the seaside, a house in London and a house in Ireland)
  • Buy 100 Bitcoins
  • Buy a horsie and name him Giggsy
  • Buy a few racehorses
  • Invest around £1bn in VR developers (or maybe £1m if I don't decide to make that bet above), and pay someone to finish my game for me 😄
  • Forget about my friends and family cos they're all bloody gold-diggers, same with all of you lot too 😄
  • Give a fair bit to cancer research and diabetes research, £1bn each (or £1m if I don't make that bet)

Now some of you may think I've lost my marbles with number 1) above but think about it. You've won the lottery at odds of around 15,000,000/1. Your luck is running, so odds of 100/1 is NOTHING.

I should have a good amount left over (depending on how good or bad my racehorses are) and I'll just live on the interest and treat myself to something nice every now and then.
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pah! My friends and family can fuck right off!!!

The only other person getting their hands on my dosh is @vannagirl, once we're married of course. Heart

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I already have the Index, so I'll save the money for Index 2  o:) Might get a 6-pack though, cold ones ❤️

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

bigmike20vt
Visionary
All the obvious stuff (buy properties around the world, maybe a (rubbish) football (that be soccer to the Americans) to use as a play thing (and get my purchasing ideas from low League players on championship manager).

But on point for this forum  I would buy a large property on the sea front and open a proper old skool arcade , something a bit like the one in Manchester (UK)
Ie.

https://www.arcadeclub.co.uk/
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RattyUK
Trustee
I'd retire...

Damn! I'm already retired....

OK, I'll buy a business, then sell it off and retire properly.  Then donate the remainder to The Dogs Trust and the RSPCA/PDSA once I ferreted away enough to be comfortable to my end of days...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

w_benjamin
Adventurer
Buy some land and pave an acre of it nice and flat, then build a self contained simulator rig with rubber tires along the front and back so it can go sideways and do doughnuts to simulate gforces in the curves and handbrake turns.

For me, forward momentum isn't as important as the feeling of the back end braking loose...

alexsandro22
Explorer
I used to win once

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I'm going to buy Oculus back from Facebook and release CV2!  😄
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reinvest the money - help some needs program - buy a new house/small outside of town type thing - new computer/VR setup/dream room - buy a electric car as well - idk? Too much money - wouldn't know what to with it really lol. I get board not working - so I still be working even if I had they type of dash to use.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

I don't want more money, I just want Stormland, Lone Echo 2 and Half-Life 3 VR!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD VALVE!!! WHAT ARE YOUR 3 SECRET GAMES THAT YOU'RE WORKING ON!!!

WHAT ARE THEY!!!!!!! TELL US NOW!!!

If these 3 secret games finally get released and they turn out to be anything other then Half Life 3, Portal 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 I'll be very upset!  >:)
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would reinvest all the money 🙂