cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add Credit Card to Meta account

LordMelkor
Explorer

Hi All,

Has anyone had trouble adding credit cards to their Oculus Home account?

Everytime I've tried it gives me a message telling me I've entered my cc info incorrectly. But I haven't, and I've tried multiple cards. I called my credit card company to confirm that there's is nothing wrong on my end.

In the ticket I opened (https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/requests/386086), Oculus responded, saying they were looking into it, but it's been almost 2 days and I haven't heard anything back, even after following up.

What is the typical turn around time for support responses?

71 REPLIES 71

smooth8819
Honored Guest
I'm currently having this issue, has anyone here found a fix? Am I better off just returning my quest,  seeing as this has been a known issue for years? 

NotoriousCole96
Honored Guest
I am also having the same problem, has this been fixed for anyone? Looks like an on going problem for years and the king of returning

overshotrobin18
Honored Guest
I am having the same problem as well. But what I don’t get is why oculus is so quick to investigate your account. When they have barley any or no evedince of fraud. 

Ghryst
Honored Guest
2 years later = problem still exists

CorpoWarrior
Honored Guest
Same problem here , can pay by card , can't pay by paypal , what is this reverse psychology? Take my money already !

Thanatos1311
Protege
So, some folks have an issue with their bank, some folks work around by creating new acounts. I finally found where 2 people who had this issue, which is definitely on the oculus end, got it fixed. Big thing is to get through all of the trouble shooting steps, then wait a week for someone who knows what they are doing to "process an update" on the account. Apparently that resolves the issue. Unfortunately either the support staff training or tools are not sufficient to streamline this process. Perhaps they have support tiers and only 12 folks who are allowed to resolve these problems and they only work half days? In this information age it should not take days to resolve a simple payment issue. I have seen people who had this issue from the get go, and I have seen people who had this problem after a payment issue.

The last purchase I made before having this issue wound up being refunded. I have a feeling they put a stop payment on my card number on their end after the refund, since my bank tells me every time they send a charge it ends up "cancelled from the merchant end." I am currently working with customer support and have just received the form letter that it will take 1-2 days while they investigate. This is the same form letter every one else with this problem gets, and then they either get nothing for a week, or no contact at all. This is apparently such a prevalent issue that you would think that 3 years after the first reports of it, they would have some kind of instruction set for the support staff to work through. Again, none of this should require days.... We are talking hours at most for a reasonable response frame.

Thanatos1311
Protege
An update, for anyone interested. Less than 24 hours in and now a third customer service rep has taken the ticket. They even want me to retry troubleshooting steps previously taken. I am trying to stay civil with them, but I am afraid the snarkiness and sarcasm is being pushed through at this point.

P.S.: Now on my 4th service rep, and they shuffled me to a holding queue triggering an automated system message apologizing that they never got started on my issue because of the high ticket volume.

Thanatos1311
Protege
So I tried to check in via the support system, and yes, they have put me in a holding line. No wonder oculus only has a rating of 2.3 on the BBB. Not surprising they don't have a phone line, everyone would be asking to speak with a manager because none of these support staff either know what they are doing or care. Having sworn to me that she wouldn't close out my ticket without a solution the first agent just passed it on. The second agent couldn't figure it out, even after I provided information on the only 2 accounts to ever have this issue fixed. Do they not have logs of account repairs in their system? So that person sends it on to Principe, who I have seen posted from elsewhere in the forum, who apparently just doesn't have proper training for customer service, nor apparently tech support. So being Principe, they put the ticket into a holding queue. If they are too incompetent to manage their own support lines, their are plenty of BPO's out there that would be happy to employee a team out of India for a fraction of what oculus pays their current, inefficient support organization. Here's to hoping their management reads this, and maybe gets a clue, like hiring someone from apple tech support to reorganize their process.

Thanatos1311
Protege
So, here we are, 1 week on. I finally got escalated, and then the support agent blamed a department I cannot talk to because I don't have a facebook account, told me the only way to fix it was to talk to them. According to that agent, without me or my bank being aware, someone was trying to buy advertising from facebook. So he closed my ticket. Thank you oh so much oculus for telling me that my business is not wanted.

Samuelsosab
Honored Guest
Solution:
I entered there site from my phone and it worked