Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

RattyUK said:

@Rob_In_Phoenix  & @nalex66
Base building in the Freighter is a simple as getting sufficient materials to build large rooms/corridors until you have expanded enough to put in the things you need, a very large space can be created for planters/technicians/refiners etc.

You wiill use many 1000's of materials to do so, so it won't be a quick job - save up every bit of Silver you can as that is the principal material.

Get a fleet of Frigates too and place a trade terminal on your Freighter...   Lots of good stuff to be collected by missions and fairly good payouts on exploration/trade missions too.

I haven't even completed the storyline far enough to get the freighter. 
I'm thinking of relocating my base (it's a little one with just a few items I built) next to a sizable trading outpost on my home planet.
While you guys strategize about freighter fleets, I'm still on the ground trying to figure out where to put up my damn tent.  I'll get there, but it will be a little while.  I do like everything about this game so far.
I absolutely love the freedom the game gives you to progress at your own pace.  It's my favorite aspect of the game.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Okay, so I recruited a couple frigates for my fleet, for about 1.8 million each. I'll have to remember to get them out on a mission when I get back to my home system. I also looked at buying a new freighter to replace mine (B-17) but I didn't find a better one.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Ooo I never thought abought whether my freighter was any good. Maybe I should buy a better one before investing too much in my current one. Am off work today my main goal is to find a new starship. I have a rule that I won't buy one. Barn finds all the way for me.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RattyUK
Trustee
sorry - quote by accident!
When you have followed the tutorial far enough you will 'rescue' a Freighter that is being attacked and be offered it for free, it is random in class/slots so you may be offered 'nice' or 'tat' (and maybe even a Frigate or 2 to go with it) but at least it gets you on the ladder.  Getting your hand on a mix of Frigates will allow you to send them out on missions too, adding more credits and materials/rares to your collection.
I have bases on a few planets, in the main they are 'just enough' in size to be uploaded - one day I'll find a place to build something nice, but the exploring is my main interest currently.
@bigmike20vt -  Wish you luck and fun today, find nice stuff!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

bigmike20vt
Visionary
So I was in the Nexus and someone randomly gave me 3 items worth 75 million credits. I am sure they were being kind but actually it removes the fun from the game. As such I need to blow the money and fast. Rather than getting nothing from it at all I was wondering how is the best way to find the absolute best freighter in the game? Mine is worth 12 million credits but i have read there are far larger ones out there. Is there a way I can find such a beast and just blow my money on buying it?

I don't want to spend on starships or personal weapons as I would like to get hold of ruined ones of those and fix them up myself.

Thanks

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I'm not sure if there's an easy way to tell the class of a freighter from space (like you can do with starships by scanning them with your analysis visor when you're on foot). I've been landing in the freighters, then going up to see the captain, where you can offer to buy it and compare it to your own. Running back and forth from the docking bay to the bridge gets old pretty fast, so after checking out a few, I got tired of it.

I guess if you wanted to unload that excess cash, you could just keep buying every freighter you check out, since you tend to lose millions per transaction, even when trading relatively equal-value ships.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
How do you manually save?  I read above somewhere that there is a tutorial I did find a guide how do I get to the tutorial? 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
The whole early part of the game's main quest is basically the tutorial. You can autosave by exiting your ship, and you can manually save by interacting with the beacon poles found near most points of interest on planets, or by building a save beacon or save point module (the game teaches you how to craft those in the course of the early missions).

bigmike20vt
Visionary
ok so some tips which may help if not already here.
decline your 1st freebie freighter.....the 2nd time you are offered one - which will be 6 hrs or so game time later - it will be a large one as opposed to a medium one.

If you want to make sure you get the best one in the game save before you jump into the system with the fight to save the freighter... (if you jump iin once and there is a fight, if you quit and go back to save and jump in again , that fight will be there but the freighter will be different as it rolls the dice each time you jump into the system.

the stronger the economy the greater chance of getting the S class mega freighers...  or so i have read.. i just took the 1st one i was offered and am not starting again!.

i found my 1st barn find, (salvageable ship)

only snag is it is a bit rubbish!. barely better than what i have.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I started to see what looks like a white t-shirt and now it has turned red does this have anything to do with my health?