Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

nalex66
MVP
MVP

DTH said:

I started to see what looks like a white t-shirt and now it has turned red does this have anything to do with my health?

That's your inventory indicator. White with a horizontal line near the top is telling you that you're getting full, and red means that you have no more empty slots. I wondered what that was as well, until I tried to pick something up, couldn't, and put two and two together.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

ok so some tips which may help if not already here.
decline your 1st freebie freighter.....the 2nd time you are offered one - which will be 6 hrs or so game time later - it will be a large one as opposed to a medium one.

If you want to make sure you get the best one in the game save before you jump into the system with the fight to save the freighter... (if you jump iin once and there is a fight, if you quit and go back to save and jump in again , that fight will be there but the freighter will be different as it rolls the dice each time you jump into the system.

Good tip for the freighters.  When you mention the 1st freebie freighter, when does this get offered to you?  What's the point in the story line?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I wondered if the timing is a bit random, since it’s not specifically tied to a plot point in the quest. For me it was a little after reaching the anomaly—I was doing a lot of flying between planets/systems, and on one run, the freighter event popped up. 

Edit: Looking back in this thread, I got my freighter around the same time I started the overseer base expansion quest (same play session). 

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

nalex66 said:

I wondered if the timing is a bit random, since it’s not specifically tied to a plot point in the quest. For me it was a little after reaching the anomaly—I was doing a lot of flying between planets/systems, and on one run, the freighter event popped up. 

Edit: Looking back in this thread, I got my freighter around the same time I started the overseer base expansion quest (same play session). 

Nalex, did you try to cherry pick the freighter (i.e. - reload the save point)?   I have mixed feelings on what I would do in this case.  I'm determined to be successful in this game without using any exploits.  But if I were actually in a situation where I could get a few passes at a quality freighter I might just do it.  I don't know, we'll see.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

nalex66 said:

Nalex, did you try to cherry pick the freighter (i.e. - reload the save point)?   I have mixed feelings on what I would do in this case.  I'm determined to be successful in this game without using any exploits.  But if I were actually in a situation where I could get a few passes at a quality freighter I might just do it.  I don't know, we'll see.

For me I guess it would depend how you see NMS. If it is a "for ever game," ie one you plan to put 1000s of hrs in over 3 or 4 years I would not exploit at all. However if not then if you ever want the best ship you will have to do it. I did a Google and the best ships are 100s of millions.
Whilst personally some things I do not want to exploit , given I also have elite dangerous personally I would make an exception on the freighter 
Sadly I can't as it is too late for me. Am not starting again .

Some random put 75 million in my inventory. I really wish they hadn't but at the same time I wish I HAD exploited the best freighter
Edit
The more i think about it the more i am tempted to start again. (I will
exploit the Freighter to get the best one but wont have the stupid
amounts of cash which makes everything trivial).. Either that or there is a save game editor. i must admit i am thinking of getting it,
giving myself a capital ship and also taking away my money. On one hand i
want to earn stuff myself, as it is how i enjoy the game, on the other
hand i would like a good freighter but am not going to spend ages
building a base on my current freighter and then lose it all if i ever
come across a capital class one.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

A_Force
Expert Protege
Is there a way to remove structures you build? I know some devices like the refinery can be picked up again but i placed some random ass walls and floors before i understood how the system worked, can i scrap them and get the materials back somehow?

Also, i found a drop pod and got a quest to upgrade my exosuit. But at the time i did not have antimatter so i had to leave it behind. I have antimatter now but i have no way to find it again (Tried flying above the general area for 10 minutes but it was impossible. These worlds are big). I still have the exosuit quest in my log but it seems i cannot finish it.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

A.Force said:

Is there a way to remove structures you build? I know some devices like the refinery can be picked up again but i placed some random ass walls and floors before i understood how the system worked, can i scrap them and get the materials back somehow?

Also, i found a drop pod and got a quest to upgrade my exosuit. But at the time i did not have antimatter so i had to leave it behind. I have antimatter now but i have no way to find it again (Tried flying above the general area for 10 minutes but it was impossible. These worlds are big). I still have the exosuit quest in my log but it seems i cannot finish it.

If you highlight the exosuit quest in your log, does it give you a waypoint to find the drop pod again?

My first drop pod, I dropped a save beacon so I didn’t lose it while I scrounged around for materials. If you don’t find it though, they’re not that uncommon. I’ve done at least half a dozen of them now. 

Yes, you can scrap structures and get at least some materials back (I’m not sure if you get them all back or if you lose a bit). You hover over something in build mode, and when it’s sort of highlighted, you press A and then Right Trigger (look at the tool tips at the bottom of the menu). It would be nice to freely move stuff around after it’s been built; my base is all willy-nilly because I didn’t plan my layout at all. 

nalex66 said:

I just took the freighter when it was offered. It’s a B-class, but only 17 slots. I haven’t done anything with it except build a mission control room so I could send my frigates out on jobs, so if I come across a better one, I won’t hesitate to trade it in (assuming I can afford the upgrade—my cash is a bit low since I hired those new frigates). 

@bigmike20vt I believe there is a save editor, but I would worry that once you start down that path, it will make everything feel trivial in the same way that receiving that huge sum of money did. I’d rather dump the money on the biggest freighter you see (or a series of freighter trade-ins if that’s what it takes). If you gain the power to overrule RNGesus, you’ll never be happy with what the universe randomly offers up anymore. 

RattyUK
Trustee
@bigmike20vt  - one of the other things the save editor will do (if you don't want to actually 'modify' your save too much) is 'reroll' the 'seed' of any of your ships, giving you a different ship while retaining the same statistics, that way you could find a nice xx slot freighter which you cosmetically dislike and roll up 'new' ones (or pick a seed from t'internet) until you have one esthetically pleasing...

@nalex66  - reasonably 'easy' credits can be earned by mining for Platinum in the asteroid belts, with the upgraded storage in Beyond it is much easier to haul loads!  I normally spend about half an hour mining Platinum (Gold & Silver are always a bonus) after each jump, it makes getting the millions needed for hiring/upgrading less of a chore and is good fun too.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Star-lizard
Rising Star
zh6ek1ej9wpm.png

bigmike20vt
Visionary

nalex66 said:
@bigmike20vt I believe there is a save editor, but I would worry that once you start down that path, it will make everything feel trivial in the same way that receiving that huge sum of money did. I’d rather dump the money on the biggest freighter you see (or a series of freighter trade-ins if that’s what it takes). If you gain the power to overrule RNGesus, you’ll never be happy with what the universe randomly offers up anymore. 

Generally i agree with you, if it is a game I plan on playing a lot there is no way i would want to cheat usually.

I have no intention of breaking any game rules and the editor will be uninstalled once i have made the change.... however I dont have enough time to bother making more than 1 mobile base... base building is not really my thing so i will only do it once, so this will be a 1 stop shot to 1) replace my freighter with the Capital S class ship modeled off the imperial destroyer and 2) to reduce my money down to 2 million (i legitimately found some ancient tech which i sold for 1.9 million credits).
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂