cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right-side headphone stopped functioning.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Oculus, I got my rift earlier this week from Bestbuy, and this morning when I put it on I noticed the audio on the right side was cutting in and out till it eventually stopped working all together. I imagine it has to do with the wiring inside as it seems to depend on how tight it is on my head.  Anyways; I don't have a clue about fixing things like this, so I was wondering if you could give any advice on what to do..   Thanks, I really love this product and it just isn't the same with only one side having audio. x_x
231 REPLIES 231

Cavey74
Explorer
The same thing happened to me this evening and no amount of screw loosening/retightening is having any effect. I just had a malfunctioning touch controller replaced 9 days ago and now I face another 2 week RMA. 

ReverendTed
Protege

I have a Rift CV1 purchased in Dec 2018.  I've tried to be very careful with it so that it stays in good condition.  Over the last couple months I'd noticed occasional crackling in the audio but chalked it up to my onboard audio.  I also didn't notice if it was only coming from one ear or both.

This last week, the right-side headphone audio stopped working, but moving or tapping the earpiece could sometimes make the audio come back on.

Thanks to this thread, I checked the little flat screw that attaches the earpiece to the headband.  It was very loose.  Tightening that little screw immediately returned working audio to the right earpiece.

Thanks!

Oculus Rift CV1, Touch, 3 Sensors, GeForce GTX 1080