Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got some free sw for you to use for tracking

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
i used a program called negative screen to make the color change;

https://zerowidthjoiner.net/negativescreen#newCommentForm

i made my own color and added it to the program by editing the configuration file.

copy and paste this over the corresponding section of the configuration file. open the file by right clicking the program when open, click edit configuration,, open with notepad, scroll to section, paste over default version;

edit colors updated below;

//

now how i think this can be used to improve inside out tracking is to have the two colors going at once, compared, to find the borders of images in the picture the camera sees so things like lighting dont break tracking like it currently does.

the negativescreen program isnt mine i just made the color matrices. but the negativescreen is free to use on github just follow the link;

18 REPLIES 18

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
i updated the colors and arranged them in order so that if you see the colors starting at f6 then go sequentially up to f11 the colors change in relation to the previous color.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I'm a bit confused. I'm not sure what this is about. Software for tracking? Are you talking about some kind of Ai tracking program? Does it have anything to do with VR? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
if the camera can be programmed so it sees the same image differently it might help to not lose tracking.

to that end there are a variety of colors to choose from to cycle through a image to find tracking markers for things live inside out tracking.

currently the type of lighting affects oculus inside out tracking which i think could be stopped by using different colors of the same image.

the facial id is just an example of the various colors available.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Where are you changing the colors? Is it a file? What are you trying to achieve? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
heres the face id video, watch it to see how i use the colors to id face parts, and read the video description for more info;

and here is the color and inverted color that i think the oculus inside out could use to help stop tracking errors. the idea is if the problem is there being no video to see the tracking is lost, but invert the colors and now there is something visible to see.

the sw i use to do the inversion has a bunch of color possibilities besides red and white, watch the video to see what i did;

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
i made a video showing how the color i made not only work for facial recognition but eye tracking, this is the eye tracking video its best to watch the face id video first though so you know what im doing here;

this should help vr eye tracking technology.