cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus app keeps crashing and restarting please help

Vulturemanz
Explorer
I just bought my oculus probably about a month it worked decently fine I had the phantom touch and some problem where it would say it wasnt plugged into the display port even though it was. But yesterday the app crashed while I was in a game and now the app crashed everytime I put on the headset. I did a repair on the app multiple times and uninstalled and reinstalled it, I updated all my drivers I did everything I could but I cant fix it and it looks like I just lost 400$ 
17 REPLIES 17

huliqan
Adventurer
download it https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qdYFniQ386az_5sVwFZVclV5e_rMpVzH/view?usp=sharing
1. way
Task Manager - > Services - > OVRService - > right mouse button - > Stop
rename your
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support
and unzip Support folder from my archive
Task Manager - > Services - > OVRService - > right mouse button - > Run
2.way
Task Manager - > Services - > OVRService - > right mouse button - > Stop
rename your
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support
and
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Manifests
unzip all from my archive in 
C:\Program Files\Oculus\
(if there are already folders of the same name, you need to delete them)
Task Manager - > Services - > OVRService - > right mouse button - > Run
in my archive oculus-worlds (HOME2) disabled with OculusHomeless(I absolutely don"t need him)!!! Instead of a room there is just a gray screen!!!
If you want use ROOM of HOM2 you need replace oculus-worlds of my archive to oculus-worlds from your C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds
But  I strongly advise you to don't it for maximum performance !!!
OculusHomeless https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8uf1sm/oculushomeless_use_dash_without_home_20/

Vulturemanz
Explorer
didnt work. this is really upsetting me. it worked exactly fine when i got it but since this update came out it crashes and no one can help me i even got support and tried everything they said and nothing will work. this headset wasn't cheap for me neither, i only got two weeks out of it

OcuclopsOni
Honored Guest

didnt work. this is really upsetting me. it worked exactly fine when i got it but since this update came out it crashes and no one can help me i even got support and tried everything they said and nothing will work. this headset wasn't cheap for me neither, i only got two weeks out of it

I feel your pain. I loved the Rift S, but in the end I felt that I was doing more troubleshooting than actually playing. Had to return it. But, with the money refunded, I will be purchasing the Index. Hopefully that goes a whole lot smoother for me. 

huliqan
Adventurer
didnt work

What you mean?Describe in detail what exactly didnt work?

I take turns launching different versions and everything works! And for my friends on the IL-2 Sturmovik forum also all my archives of old versions of oculus software working fine!Since the days of the Oculus CV1

Vulturemanz
Explorer
I dont know, I did way 1 because ima be honest way 2 seemed confusing but I unzipped the file in there and all and ran the service and it still crashed I'm certain I did it wrong but. I didnt know what to rename and what to rename it to. And for some reason it didnt give me the option to run the service, but to start it ( I'm certain this means the same thing, but felt I needed to say just in case this is what I did wrong). 

huliqan
Adventurer
for 1 way:
Stop OVRService 
folder Support (in C:\Program Files\Oculus\ ) rename in Support-140(or other name)
unzip from my archive (Oculus 1.39 HOME disable.7z) Support folder in 
C:\Program Files\Oculus\
Run OVRService or reboot computer
it's all 🙂

Vulturemanz
Explorer
Ok will try, thank you

carly_turner_77
Honored Guest

huliqan said:

Oculus app keeps crashing and restarting
same too since from version 1.40