Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

RattyUK
Trustee

For the love of the universe does anyone know how to undo wiring?!  I built a solar panel and battery at my base which now powers my teleporter.  However I have some wires I want to get rid of. The game tells me to press 'A' to delete, so I do it and nothing happens - the wires don't go away.
And because of my shiny new solar panel, my days using that crappy biofuel reactor are now over.  However, I can't disconnect the damn thing or pick it up or get rid of it.  If it's because it's wired, well as I mentioned I can't undo any freaking wiring.

Point at the socket the wire is coming from, ensure you are on the 'wire' menu, press 'A' and a big red X should appear in the menu window, then you can delete the pesky things, this one also had me tearing my hair out 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Also, I have found that I need to hold my hand really steady to delete anything.  Not sure if it is the S or the software but tracking is slow in NMG. But not a problem in other games.

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

RattyUK said:

Point at the socket the wire is coming from, ensure you are on the 'wire' menu, press 'A' and a big red X should appear in the menu window, then you can delete the pesky things, this one also had me tearing my hair out 🙂

DTH said:

Also, I have found that I need to hold my hand really steady to delete anything.  Not sure if it is the S or the software but tracking is slow in NMG. But not a problem in other games.

Thanks guys!  I went back in this morning and got it sorted.  I kept seeing the big red X, but I wasn't pressing the right trigger button (RT)!!  I didn't see that requirement on the screen, I kept going around hitting 'A' assuming that was all yo needed to do.
I'll now take this opportunity to say I don't like the concept of wiring in this game.  With all the tech - teleporters, warp drives, etc, wiring seems too old school.  I'm on board with the idea of linking devices to power sources but it should be wireless.  There should be a screen that comes up on the battery or generator to simply map devices to a power supply without the need for running wires.
Maybe there should be an upgrade where you can distribute power by attaching wireless power receivers on the devices then mapping them to the generator.
Besides, wires all over the place make it look a little messy.  My base already looks like a yard sale with contraptions strewn around every which way.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Has anyone been able to rename there first ship (rift S)  I get looked out if I try to cancel and a VR keypad does not show up?  If I rename in not VR will it show up in VR?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I haven’t tried to rename anything, but I think you have to use your real keyboard. They don’t seem to have implemented any sort of VR text entry. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
Well I have an exocraft now.  I went to the construction research computer in the anomaly and dropped some buried tech to buy blueprints for exocraft.  I wanted something agile and fast, so I chose the Pilgrim (the two wheeled motorcycle thing).
Wow, these things are cool as hell but are tough to drive.  I started getting the hang of it but my base planet is tropical and has lot of hilly terrain and trees and shit everywhere.  I tried to steer as best I could but I pretty much ran over anything in front of me.
But this exocraft will be awesome.  Basically, I wanted to be very mobile on my base planet so I could drive around and quickly collect buried tech.  This strategy worked big time.  I had 30 buried tech quicker than ever.  That's 1.5 million units for about 20 minutes of work.
I'd like to get some upgrades to put on a signal booster, because I'd like to find ruins and other points of interest while in the exocraft as well.  The payoff could end up being bigger than I thought it would.

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
Another thing about exocraft.  Getting out of them is a little bugged.  A few times I couldn't lift the canopy to get out (with either hand).  It turns out the vehicle thinks you're still driving it, because you can use the trigger buttons to go forward and reverse even though your hands are not on the steering wheel.  To make it worse, you can't steer the vehicle at all in this state - you can't re-grab the wheel. 
For me hitting the "Y" button to bring up the info menu and then closing it seemed snap it out of this.  I've read similar reports from others on this - it is a real thing. 

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Is anyone else engaging the pulse engine (x on the rift s) and taking a screenshot at the same time?
I'm not sure if I'm hitting the x and y at the same time or if it is a bug or something else? 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I’ve been taking Steam screenshots with left trigger and left menu pressed simultaneously. I think that’s the default. Are your screenshots through Steam or Oculus? Did you change the default button press?

Could you be accidentally pressing the menu button along with X, while also holding the trigger for max boost?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

DTH
Heroic Explorer
Yes, I just tried to hit x I was laying my finger down on the menu without knowing it.