cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest update in progress loop

Evolvarium
Protege
Any one having this issue?

I received my oculus quest last night. Once I started it up it did an update as I paired it to my phone. 

But after I finished the tutorial and tried to open oculus browser then a window came up telling me there was an update in progress and to leave the device on and plugged in.

The screen will also go black then come back a few seconds later and keeps repeating.

So I left the device on and plugged in for seven hours over night. At some point it shut off during the night so it displayed being charged to 100% when I put it back on in the morning.

After turning it back on I tried the oculus browser again and it came up with the same update in progress mission.

My plan when I get home from work is to factory reset the device and turn off automatic updates and see if an older version of the software will work.

Also tried getting around the problem by installing the FireFox browser but its installation always fails.

103 REPLIES 103

FilipspelVR
Honored Guest
Same here, I also created a ticket. Just got a brand new Quest and experiencing same issues. Update in progress but nothing happens. Phone app says it's 213561.4150.0 version, same as yours.
This is a replacement unit and the previous one worked like a charm so I know that we are doing the right things, it has to be something on Oculus end that is creating this mess ...

SteamGamer
Explorer
I just contacted oculus and told them about this page

GarrettSkye
Honored Guest
Yeah, same thing here.

mbrrrrrrrrr
Honored Guest
Same thing here. Talked to support via Chat – the outcome: they created a ticket and said they'll come back to me. this is really annoying

Evolvarium
Protege
They got back to me and asked me to turn on the system while holding the power button and volume button. Which brings up an very basic menu that lets your factory reset the device and enable sideloading updates. They wanted me to restart the device that way but it changed nothing.

They have not gotten back to me yet. With multiple people linking to this thread now your would think that they would post something here just letting everyone know the are at least aware of the issue.

mbrrrrrrrrr
Honored Guest
Does not work for me either.

Yes it would be really nice if @OculusSupport would acknowledge and address that problem. The support guy answered my question "so you can confirm this is a common problem at the moment" with "i don't think so". It's kind of a bummer to buy a 550 Euro device and not being able to use it.

Evolvarium
Protege
Has anyone gone into the settings on their quest and clicked view all? When I try it on mine I will get the three dot loading screen and then nothing comes up.

Ya I bought the Quest because it's completely wireless so I can use it in any room. But $600 Canadian is a lot to pay for a headset that does not work. I will give them a week or two but if nothing has changed I will just return it and wait for the new HTC headset to come out. I am 

mbrrrrrrrrr
Honored Guest
Same thing here, "View all" in settings doesn't do anything but show three dots.

I really hope Oculus will react soon and offer a solution.

Evolvarium
Protege
I wouldn't hold out to much hope of that. They have had an issue with people not being able to add payment methods to their accounts since 2017 and I am now having that issue as well. So as I told a support representative not being able to add a payment method and my headset not even working is not making a good first impression.

chromamods
Honored Guest
I've been talking with support staff off and on all day today.  I am having the exact same issue, and I am also on that exact same firmware with the loop.  I can't update to the latest firmware, i've followed all the steps to the letter, and still it just won't update.  It's infuriating to see how a brand new headset out of the box is quite literally unplayable considering how I can't play any new titles, apps, or anything other than the default first steps game.  

The support rep who I talked to said they would be forwarding my ticket up the chain as she said she never heard of headsets doing this before, so perhaps the developers are unaware of this issue.  Perhaps it was a set of headsets shipped out from the factory on a faulty firmware? Perhaps we all just happened to get bad headsets?  Who knows.

Regardless, I hope they post a solution soon, because if this continues i'm just going to return my headset and go invest the 400 dollars on upgrading my HTC Vive setup to go wireless lol