cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method error

ReaginicMonk86
Sightseer
mojyldl6ap1w.pngIve been trying to add a payment method but every. Time I add my info its says "There was an error trying to add your payment method" (I'm using debit) I've triple checked my info and its 100% correct. I've called the bank and they said everything is fine. Please someone help me out
29 REPLIES 29

Ultrazero117
Explorer
Should be able to pay developers directly for a copy of the licensed game files.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its been half a year since i got my oculus and the problem is still present, ive had to buy all my games from steam. I might as well have an htc vive because i cant play the damn exclusives. All i want to do is play From other suns. I have tried every single thing so im honestly upset with oculus and its inability to fix what should be a simple problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
CLEARLY this is an ongoing OCULUS/Facebook issue. I got these same error messages no matter where I entered the card info or the PayPal info. Neither Facebook or Oculus offer phone support. I just spent $550 for a device I can’t buy games for!!  That’s unacceptable!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the same issue. I've tried credit, debit and paypal...no dice. I've tried the app, the website, different computers, iphone, ipad. Nothing is working. I'm US military stationed in Italy so I tried a VPN thinking the location was maybe throwing up flags on Oculus' end and still nothing!!! This is absolutely ridiculous. It's been elevated to what i am guessing is a supervisor for tech support (I submitted a ticket #815592). How is this even a thing in 2019!? I'd really like to know why it won't let me add a paypal account either. I log in to paypal, pick the payment method (tried multiple methods) and when paypal redirects me back to Oculus' website, a message saying "Something went wrong and we were unable to add this payment method. Please try again." Has anyone found a solution yet? Maybe we need to send this to Cnet or another tech journal site to get our voices heard and Oculus/Facebook to actually address the issue.

UnluckyCarrot
Honored Guest
I would like to report that I am having the exact same issue, on the website, and on the app itself : |

CodexFOX
Honored Guest
Same here, trying to use a Canadian Master card with no luck. Even paypal is spitting it back  =\

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Seems that Oculus have changed their payment methods, I too had great problems because of increased security (now I need to use a special code given by the company in charge on my credit card). I found that using the Oculus Android app worked on my phone, but it took some time, had to be patient, eventually everything went thorough. After the purchase is registered I could just install the game as usual on my rig. But I failed purchasing anything using Win10 on my rig - that is worrying, never before had such problems, but Oculus will probably get it fixed. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Roozbeh1985
Honored Guest
I Can't believe this, I can't just go get new debit/credit just cause Oculus has an issue.

Ambxious
Honored Guest
I have found a fix for this, simply change the country you are located in to a random country, works like a charm spread this everywhere.

tbcollective
Honored Guest
Had this same problem for a while, here's how I got it solved. When I created my Oculus account I did not include my middle initial, so what I had to do was create a new PayPal account and set it up with a card that isn't attached to my other PayPal account and include my middle initial on the card enter screen within PayPal because Oculus does NOT have a field to enter your name as it pulls your name from your Facebook/Oculus account. It is possible that people with this error have a card with their middle initial but just didn't enter it in their first name field when setting up their Oculus account. Hope this helps somebody!!!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?