cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Thread

I'm desperately trying to find out if there will be a VR mode so if anybody knows... that would be good!

https://youtu.be/ReDDgFfWlS4

*Edit: see the later posts in the thread for confirmation of VR support.

563 REPLIES 563

bigmike20vt
Visionary
It looks beautiful and I love the little history of the series at the start of the vid.
I will be waiting either for official support or for fly inside to get it into vr
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Microsoft could have at least added Forza Horizons and this to their WMR platform. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

The video mentions that Asobo, the French company developing this with Microsoft did a HoloLens demo in the early stages and later in the vid, that the sim included head movement camera perspective capability. I've just been looking at Asobo's website. They do a fair amount of AR work via what appears to be a division of the company called HoloForge.

This may not mean much but it could indicate an increased likelihood that they'll introduce VR some time after launch... more likely perhaps than if it were a company that wasn't involved in AR.

Well, maybe I'm being optimistic.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

MowTin said:

Microsoft could have at least added Forza Horizons and this to their WMR platform. 

What i would not do to have VR support for the Forza games on at least the PC, and i have the ultimate pass so that would be a win win for me.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

OmegaM4N said:

MowTin said:

What i would not do to have VR support for the Forza games on at least the PC, and i have the ultimate pass so that would be a win win for me.

Forza horizon on Xbox 360 was great and I know I would enjoy the newer ones... But I just can't get interested playing racing/driving games not in VR any more. Buying drive club confirmed this for me beyond any doubt. I just found it dull with no sense of speed or presence.
Day 1 purchase the second VR is supported however
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^Yeah driveclub VR was not the best in a driving VR game, no doubt due to the fact Sony decided to shut the entire studio down, so what we got left with was just about playable but required so much more.....and do not even start me on the ludicrious mess that is one car only vr grand turismo sports effort, which makes Driveclub Vr look as polished in vr as Elite dangerous. lol

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer
How come I didn’t know about this?  ?

Ive had every MS Flight Sim since FS4 & I even had a cockpit (of sorts) in the spare room. It was there for years. I dismantled most of it when I got the Oculus Rift as it pretty much became obsolete. Once you try VR you never go back, as we all know.

you can imagine my excitement when I heard about FS2020 half an hour ago! But it must have VR, even if it doesn’t launch with it. Afterall, it’s three main rivals are built with VR in mind.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pah! The best Microsoft Flight Simulator is the one that used to be in Excel. Not sure if it's still in there now though lol

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer
This is interesting....

lc7g2lrtwi6w.jpegMaybe they’re having a re-think? ?

I really think the devs have VR on their post launch to-do list and I have a feeling one of the reasons Microsoft chose Asobo was, not only their experience with large-scale scenery, but also VR/AR. I'm sure I'm not just being optimistic!