cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirt Rally 2.0 on Oculus Home DLCs

francesco_2013
Protege
Hi guys I have bought the game and it is really really good. I was wondering one thing does anybody know what happened to the extra content that is on sale on Steam as kind of DLCs ? 
- Porsche 911 
- Montecarlo and Sweden maps 

How can I get this content for the Oculus Home version ?
17 REPLIES 17

francesco_2013
Protege
It is indeed an accident from Codemasters. There is no technical issue whatsoever because, as I said, the DLCs are already all shipped with the game you buy on Oculus Home. The problem here seems to be they do not agree with Facebook on something that could be the price. I dont really know. Here is what the PR person for Codemasters said about the thing:

Hey there.

I would explain but I can't right now as I don't have all the info.

I did forward the thread internally because players shouldn't have access to the content yet. If there's something i can say publicly, I'll update you all 

Cheers,

-PJ

I am fighting for this thing as much as I can on the Dirt Rally 2.0 Codemasters forum. Support from you all guys would be really really appreciated.

Please go and post here: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/42818-game-of-the-year-edition-on-oculus-home/

Timbeh
Honored Guest
Yeah, i´m glad that oculus SDK came to steam. But not so glad that the announcement was after you cannot ask for a refund for oculus version that you were pretty much required to buy if you wanted to play the game. For me this is just a dirt(y) selling tactics and a lesson learned - no more oculus software.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Timbeh said:

Yeah, i´m glad that oculus SDK came to steam. But not so glad that the announcement was after you cannot ask for a refund for oculus version that you were pretty much required to buy if you wanted to play the game. For me this is just a dirt(y) selling tactics and a lesson learned - no more oculus software.

Are you sure it is oculus who engineered this to happen? If they did then you are correct it is a bit of an underhanded tactic. If however it was an oversight or was codemasters choice (potentially get People to double dip on sales) then boycotting oculus store may be blaming the wrong party 

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Kranky_Pantz
Protege
"DiRT Rally 2.0 VR Gate" was indeed a disaster. Glad to see the dust starting to settle with the Oculus SDK now coming to Steam users as well (after the MUCH deserved community outcry).
Plus the addition of an ANALOG Handbrake...FINALLY!!!!
Fingers crossed that this all works!

Just for anyone who didn't know... native Oculus SDK support for the Steam version was announced by Codemasters on 25th October, 2 days after @fransesco_2013 and my conversation, go figure. It's included in the v1.9 update due for release today so I assume it's happened, if anyone who has that versions can confirm, and let us know it works ok, thanks.

So it's anyone's guess as to why all this happened and who's to blame but hopefully lessons have been learned.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Just for anyone who didn't know... native Oculus SDK support for the Steam version was announced by Codemasters on 25th October, 2 days after @fransesco_2013 and my conversation, go figure. It's included in the v1.9 update due for release today so I assume it's happened, if anyone who has that versions can confirm, and let us know it works ok, thanks.

So it's anyone's guess as to why all this happened and who's to blame but hopefully lessons have been learned.

Can I borrow your time machine please? I want to see what else happens on 25th october 😉
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Can I borrow your time machine please? I want to see what else happens on 25th october 😉

Whoops, I've let my time lord secret out of the bag or more accurately my oncoming senility.

Yes, that was supposed to be... announced 25th September and released 1st October (yesterday)!

Dan_E_B
Honored Guest
Where’s the god damn DLC for Oculus Dirt Rally 2? This is getting beyond the joke now!