cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 9.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Passthrough+
  • We’ve upgraded the previous version of Passthrough on Quest to Passthrough+.
  • This updated version of Passthrough improves the representation of the real world around you by enhancing estimations of the depth, size and distance of objects in your real world environment.

Tracking
  • We know that many Quest owners use their headset to watch their favorite streams, shows, movies and more. To make this easier, you now have the option to turn off Quest's standard inside-out tracking when you don't need it, like for watching movies in the dark or dimly-lit rooms.
  • Tracking adjustments can be made in one of two ways:
    • If tracking is unable to function in your environment, an error message will provide an option to continue without tracking.
    • You can also manually turn off tracking by selecting Settings > Device > Tracking and switch the toggle to turn tracking off.
  • Remember that Guardian boundaries—and some apps—require tracking. Neither will work if tracking is off. To help avoid injury or damage, you should only use your Quest in a stationary standing or seated position when tracking is turned off.

Compatible Go/Gear VR apps for Quest
  • If you own one of 50+ compatible Oculus Go or Gear VR apps, you’ll now have the opportunity to download them from your library and play them on your Oculus Quest.
  • Learn more about how this program works and what apps are available for Quest.

Notifications
  • You can now adjust and customize your notification preferences from in-VR.
    • To access your notification settings in-VR, select Settings > Notifications and adjust the toggles to reflect your settings preferences for each notification type.

Manual Updates
  • You can now manually start an over the air (OTA) software update from your settings panel in-VR. This feature allows you to check for and begin software updates at any time once the update is made available for your headset.
    • To check for updates, select Settings > About > Software Update.

Remote Wipe
  • You can now perform a remote wipe from https://www.oculus.com on a Quest headset you no longer have direct access to.
    • Learn more about how to remote wipe on an Oculus Quest.

New Experiments

This section includes new features we’re testing for future releases. You can opt-in to experimental features by selecting Settings > Experiments in-VR. Please note, the experiments section includes features that are still being developed, and so you may encounter anything from minor-issues to app-crashes.

• We’ve added People You May Know suggestions to your Quest in-VR feed. People You May Know is a feature designed to help you connect with people you may know who are also using Oculus.
    • These are the same suggestions you may have seen in the Oculus mobile and desktop apps, now available as part of the in-VR experience.
  • On Quest, you can now see when your friends beat your high score in games like Beat Saber. You’ll be able to see these updates in the Oculus mobile app, as well as in-VR.

Payments
Miscellaneous
  • Performance improvements when running some applications
103 REPLIES 103

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
@ShowbizDonkey My Quest updated to 9.0 Its visible in Windows explorer. But, its not detected anymore with adb devices so I can't deploy any UE builds now. Already restarted the Quest and Windows.

It was in developer mode. Developer mode on the Quest shows the guardian option but nothing else.
I checked on the Phone that I used to initially setup the Quest and there its not. Switching to dev mode on the phone creates a popup 'become a developer' and if I follow that link its a broken page.

Any suggestions?

Edit: a few hours later I can enable it on the Phone again and the Quest is detected by ADB. No clue whats changed but happy I can get back to work again in UE.

ChannLee
Honored Guest
Here in EU no patch arrived ? when its come to EU ?

imrosie1
Explorer
anyone in the UK got it yet? thanks.

anthonsh
Protege
Canada?  Why do these rollouts always seem to take 3-5 days?

JohanTEAswe
Expert Protege

anthonsh said:

I even made a factory reset just now (2.nd okt.) but still got 8.0. #Europe #Sweden

IamGaryGnu
Honored Guest
Why the urgency for the update?  It doesn't seem like it makes major changes (except maybe passthrough, and Go games) and runs the risk of being an update you may regret, like Verizon used to do.  Me, I'll use my baby, and when it updates, it updates...

MikeF
Trustee
For developers its always good to have access to the OS updates so we can be sure nothing is broken on our live titles, so urgency is important for some so the rest can enjoy 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

JohanTEA said:

anthonsh said:

I even made a factory reset just now (2.nd okt.) but still got 8.0. #Europe #Sweden

I think they do it regionally, or it would overload their severs if a few hundred thousand people all of a sudden tried to download the update.

xeno3d
Adventurer
Is it normal for the update to wiipeout sideloads?

ThatDudeButch
Explorer

h.r.gargi said:

Hopefully the Blackouts (becoming black for a second) sometimes occurs with the tracking is fixed with 9.0. Can't wait to check this out! 

I am still getting the blackouts. Drives me crazy!