cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fps drops in intense Beatsaber songs? Even with good pc??

PepzProd
Honored Guest
Hello, all looking for some help here. So before the 1.3.0 update, my laptop could run beat saber amazingly, never lagged, nothing. I'm not sure why it changed but now during intense parts my frame rate drops hard. Honestly, its really annoying and I've been trying everything I could to fix it.
Specs:
gtx 1070 8gb ddr5
16gb ram
i7-6700 2.5ghz
and it's on my NVMe 500gb Evo Plus drive. My graphics drivers are up to date

So I should be getting solid frames no matter what. 
Any idea whats going on? It lags in the headset but on my laptop screen, it stays solid and crisp as it should be. My oculus rift isnt shitting the bed is it?
Any suggestions are appreciated, I tried different settings in the game and nothing changed, I tried Oculus Tray Tool and it kinda helped but not really.

Thanks all ❤️ 
5 REPLIES 5

that1crzywhtguy
Honored Guest
I'm having this same problem, but I'm not convinced the song intensity really matters. It just seems like it's dropping frames 2-3 times per song, any song. Would love to see a real SOLID fix for this issue. 

BTW my specs are basically identical to yours. 

PhenixS1970
Protege
If you have geforce experience auto game optimization on, check the anti aliaising settings.  Mine was set to 8x causing stutters (gtx 1080, i7 8700k, 16gb ram and Rift).

that1crzywhtguy
Honored Guest

If you have geforce experience auto game optimization on, check the anti aliaising settings.  Mine was set to 8x causing stutters (gtx 1080, i7 8700k, 16gb ram and Rift).

No geforce experience for me. I already did everything with settings. It's super stripped down. Before the update, no issues, since the update to 1.3, issues. I wish I could just downgrade like you can on steam. I'm tempted to buy the game again on steam so I can run the game right again, but this seems ridiculous. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.. any solution for this issue yet? I had 1070ti and bought a 2080 ti with no improvment. 

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
My Rift S is running fine at the moment, was playing Beat Saber 360° levels last night and was butter smooth. 

In the past though I had lag and fps issues in beat saber but it was my graphics drivers causing the issue, once I reverted back to old drivers it was fine so I'd recommend trying that.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!