cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.42 PTC Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Dash
  • We have added a new search feature within the Dash Store tab. This will allow you to more quickly find the games and apps you’re looking for!

Home
  • When you drop into Home for the first time, you’ll now see a new brief overview of the features and potential of Oculus Home.
  • We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.
  • We have added a new agreement to the UGC upload process. Before a new UGC item can be uploaded for use, you are required to attest that you own this content and that it does not violate any trademarks.
---

Once again, apologies for the delay in getting these posted! If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
63 REPLIES 63

RattyUK
Trustee

dburne said:

I notice now in 1.42 when you close Oculus on desktop it does not close, but minimizes to tray.
Have to right click the tray icon and choose to close it.

That's odd...
It doesn't do this for me (I did have to check,,,)  I have just opened and closed the Oculus program twice, just in case 🙂
Yes, I'm on 1.42 since last night.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, same with me Ratty.  When I close it, it closes.  My Oculus app never actually reports to the bottom right task bar, just the bottom left main tool tray area (where I have it's shortcut pined to).  To close the Oculus app I just need to either close it with its top right X, or hover my mouse over its task and select its X.

Unlike the Steam app that does not do this and always reports to the bottom right task bar where I need to right click on it and select exit for it to properly close.

The new 1.42PTC (homeless) continues to work very well for me.  The only minor problem I've had is my PC mouse does not always show up on the VR desktop.  If I point and shoot a touch controller to the VR desktop the mouse appears again and works fine.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Netheri
Rising Star

Richooal said:

Home

• We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.

Thanks for listening. (whoever it was).
I'm back in the PTC again.
Being homeless never felt so good.

It's a working victory! And it took only about 2 years (or more) to get through.Of course the OTT has had the "oculus homeless" feature a quite a while. 😄
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Netheri said:

Richooal said:

Home

Thanks for listening. (whoever it was).
I'm back in the PTC again.
Being homeless never felt so good.

It's a working victory! And it took only about 2 years (or more) to get through.Of course the OTT has had the "oculus homeless" feature a quite a while. 😄

Ya, probably only take another 2 years to get some of the other useful OTT functions, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

Ya, same with me Ratty.  When I close it, it closes.  My Oculus app never actually reports to the bottom right task bar, just the bottom left main tool tray area (where I have it's shortcut pined to).  To close the Oculus app I just need to either close it with its top right X, or hover my mouse over its task and select its X.

Unlike the Steam app that does not do this and always reports to the bottom right task bar where I need to right click on it and select exit for it to properly close.

The new 1.42PTC (homeless) continues to work very well for me.  The only minor problem I've had is my PC mouse does not always show up on the VR desktop.  If I point and shoot a touch controller to the VR desktop the mouse appears again and works fine.

Wow that is odd, I tried rebooting the PC and checking again, restarting the Oculus service and checking again..
Closing the desktop app simply puts the icon in the systray for me , does not close the Home app. I always have to right click the little icon in the systray and click on exit to actually close down the Oculus App. Never did this before 1.42.

Also let me ask about the new Homeless. When I put on the headset with that feature selected, Oculus still opens in my headset with Dash displayed and a gray loading type background and just stays like that - is that correct?

Richooal
Consultant

dburne said:

Also let me ask about the new Homeless. When I put on the headset with that feature selected, Oculus still opens in my headset with Dash displayed and a gray loading type background and just stays like that - is that correct?

That's correct. All the functionality, without the virtual home wrapped around it. If you really want the home during your session, you can select it from the Dash Bar.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Richooal said:

dburne said:

That's correct. All the functionality, without the virtual home wrapped around it. If you really want the home during your session, you can select it from the Dash Bar.

Ok thanks, at least I know that part is operating correctly.
Very strange though mine does not close properly as it used to.
Not a big deal I guess, just an extra click. I never did like how Steam VR did that either.
Very odd though that it is like that for me and not for a couple of you guys so far.

Netheri
Rising Star
@ShowbizDonkey Could you pass a request to devs, that it would be great if the oculusmirrors FOVtan command (line parameter) would really open the FOV on desktop mirror of Rift instead of it getting the Home or game graphics and squeeze them into a more compact form? It looks a bit stupid even, when there's a barrel graphics and over it there's Dash which is working as it should without any distorting effect. 
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Netheri said:

@ShowbizDonkey Could you pass a request to devs, that it would be great if the oculusmirrors FOVtan command (line parameter) would really open the FOV on desktop mirror of Rift instead of it getting the Home or game graphics and squeeze them into a more compact form? It looks a bit stupid even, when there's a barrel graphics and over it there's Dash which is working as it should without any distorting effect. 

Ya, I agree.  Unfortunately this does not seem to be a high priority for most developers since PC monitor output is generally secondary to good headset display imho.

uKER
Adventurer
How exactly do I disable Home?
I'm not seeing any new settings neither in VR nor desktop.