cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I literally purchased a PlayStation for Red dead Redemption 2 yesterday and it's going back today. The Playstation controls really do suck when you are used to keyboard & mouse. What is it with RockStar that they can't just say if they intend bringing this game to the PC? I mean, why do some development teams choose to act all secretive about a game coming to the PC or not? When do you think we are most likely to hear something, or do you think it will just go the same way as the first Red dead Redemption and not arrive on the PC?

I didn't get chance to see if Red dead Redemption 2 is better then Grand Theft Auto V, which I have on my PC. But for those that have played both games what do you reckon? I'm talking about comparing the games now not the Playstation controller v Keyboard & Mouse. I just want to get an idea what Read dead 2 is like compared to GTA V. I thought it looked a really good game, but didn't stay on it long enough because I'm useless with the Playstation controller..
78 REPLIES 78

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I cannot stop playing BF5 2d with all the bells and whistles switched on with my 2080ti . I die a lot though as I'm looking around too much lol
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Techy111 said:

I cannot stop playing BF5 2d with all the bells and whistles switched on with my 2080ti . I die a lot though as I'm looking around too much lol

You are probably dying a lot because you have all the bells and whistles on tbh. I've always found in online games that players usually turn things off like shadows and have their settings set to low to make it easier to see their opponent. I know many turn things off like grass density, shadows etc..

pyroth309
Visionary

RedRizla said:

Techy111 said:

You are probably dying a lot because you have all the bells and whistles on tbh. I've always found in online games that players usually turn things off like shadows and have their settings set to low to make it easier to see their opponent. I know many turn things off like grass density, shadows etc..

That can be true depending on the game but most competitive games do a pretty good job of balancing the eye candy settings with the low to keep things fairly even. Most run low settings just to get as much fps as possible. With a 240hz+ monitor it can be tough to produce enough frames to actually fully utilize the high refresh rate and lower input lag it offers.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Finally coming to Pc next month. Got to play it a bit on a PS4, but glad I sold the PS4 and waited for the Pc version. Going to be spending some time playing this on my 4k television for sure. Steam version doesn't come out till December though, but does anyone know if I'll still be able to play with Steam players online, if I buy it from the RockStar website next month?

Luciferous
Consultant
One step closer to a PC VR version 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

One step closer to a PC VR version 🙂

I'd love to play pancake games, but my 2D allergy seems to be getting worse, I'd need tons of antihistamines just to do 15 mins pancakes  😞 30 mins would be like:

Image result for emergency hospital animated gif

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Nah, some 2D games you just can't miss. I like the stories behind some 2D games, which not many VR games offer right now. Playing 2D is like reading a book to me and taking part in the story. I really enjoyed "The Last Of Us" on PlayStation and was enjoying Read Dead Redemption 2, before I decided to give up and see it on Pc in all it's splender.
I like VR, but sometimes I just like to sit back with nothing on my head and just relax and play pancake games.  I also think my bald spot on the back of my head is getting bigger with the VR strap, so I'm going to wait a bit to see if my hair grows back there. Have you noticed if you have hair loss due to the straps 😄

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Agreed @RedRizla

If a story is compelling enough, it's something that would be unfortunate to miss out on. I rarely feel that way about games, but over the past few years I am glad I went back to finish:
  • StarCraft 2
  • The Longest Journey (full series)
  • Metro (full series)
It also helps - in my case - that I have a strong inclination to start using VR for more than just a gaming platform. I feel that the heavy focus on "VR for gaming" does the technology a bit of an injustice. It can do so much more!

So now I tend to look at gaming back the way it was when I first got my Atari 2600. And in that respect, 2D gaming is just fine. Granted, I'm super picky. I can no longer play a game just for the sake of gaming. It needs to be compelling.

Of course, every now and then it sure feels nice to jump in to VR to kill a dragon lol

LeroyVRChristop
Explorer
purchased PlayStation Pro again and took it back again. Apparently on
the PlayStation Pro there's a blur problem with Red Dead Redemption 2
when using 4k.