cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go / Gear VR free upgrades when will they be up?

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege
hello im wandering when will the free upgrades go live for the go apps on the quest?
I have most of the apps that will get a free upgrade. any specific date to this going live?
19 REPLIES 19

justmetoo
Protege

nalex66 said:

Spuzzum said:

Check the dropdown menu in the library on the Quest itself.

That’s for the Go emulation games, but games like Rush that have Quest versions are eligible for free upgrades to the Quest versions (if they were owned before Sept. 25).

But there is also a section that says you can buy the games on the list if you don't own them and get the cross install..   I think they need to really clarify how all this works...   between the emulation and cross buy-install......

Anonymous
Not applicable

justmetoo said:

Sorry  on my quest when i go to library I do not have a drop down list  at the top.....      no real change from before the update to 9.0 in there

This is what it looks like in my Quest...if you have a Go or Gear VR, then they should appear in the dropdown. If you own one of those, and it's not showing up...then I'm lost(?).

8kyq48ted783.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

nalex66 said:

Spuzzum said:

Check the dropdown menu in the library on the Quest itself.

That’s for the Go emulation games, but games like Rush that have Quest versions are eligible for free upgrades to the Quest versions (if they were owned before Sept. 25).

Cool...I think some of the youtubers were mentioning those were available through the app on the phone, but not the Quest itself.

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer

Spuzzum said:

justmetoo said:

Sorry  on my quest when i go to library I do not have a drop down list  at the top.....      no real change from before the update to 9.0 in there

This is what it looks like in my Quest...if you have a Go or Gear VR, then they should appear in the dropdown. If you own one of those, and it's not showing up...then I'm lost(?).

8kyq48ted783.jpg

Do you have to own a Go or GearVR to get the go titles then?
i only own a Quest (& a Rift) & there’s no sign of the drop down menu.

edit: just downloaded a “Quest compatible” Go game, using the phone app. The dropdown menu has now appeared on the Quest & so has the game. ?

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege
i just want to say thank you i was able to get my free upgrades. i got 9 free games and a store credit of $55 to my account it was a good week this week. 

G4MER-D3V1L
Protege

Spuzzum said:

justmetoo said:

8kyq48ted783.jpg

yes well to get the free apps and free upgrades. you can always use the oculus app on your phone to purchase the oculus go app that work on the quest. then go to this drop down menu and download them on the quest. 
also has your quest got the latest system update I didn't see this  until my oculus quest updated to the new update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded a load of the free go apps, demos etc, to try out on my quest from the list of compatible ones ....they all come up as 'purchased' in my mobile phone app, but no option to install them onto my Quest.. I follow the instructions , look for them in my headset, but nothing, nada! HELP! X

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spuzzum said:

justmetoo said:

8kyq48ted783.jpg

edit: just downloaded a “Quest compatible” Go game, using the phone app. The dropdown menu has now appeared on the Quest & so has the game. ?

Cool...I was just about to suggest that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I downloaded a load of the free go apps, demos etc, to try out on my quest from the list of compatible ones ....they all come up as 'purchased' in my mobile phone app, but no option to install them onto my Quest.. I follow the instructions , look for them in my headset, but nothing, nada! HELP! X

Did you reboot the Quest? Do you have the dropdown menu?

SteveG7RTA
Heroic Explorer

Spuzzum said:

justmetoo said:

8kyq48ted783.jpg

yes well to get the free apps and free upgrades. you can always use the oculus app on your phone to purchase the oculus go app that work on the quest. then go to this drop down menu and download them on the quest. 
also has your quest got the latest system update I didn't see this  until my oculus quest updated to the new update.

I’ve sorted it cheers. I downloaded a compatible app using my phone & it appeared on the Quest (which has the latest update).
downloaded more Go apps now & its all working ?