cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no-longer go into steam setting while in VR (WMR)

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Using WMR before I just pressed the thumb button in and it took me to the Steam setting and library etc. Now when I do this it just pauses the room in Steam Home and I can't change my controller setting height or anything in Steam? So I can't change my height or anything now in Fallout 4 etc? Before if I was in Fallout 4 it would take me to setting in Steam, but now it just pauses the game in like a light gray?
14 REPLIES 14

I'm afraid this is a WMR specific problem as Steam settings access hasn't changed for Touch. I've edited the title to include WMR as this may be useful (plus it'll avoid having the masses wondering in thinking it's a problem they'll have).

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@DaftnDirect - Yes it's just WMR, do you know how I opt out of steam beta because apparently that is supposed to fix it. Cheers!

nalex66
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

@DaftnDirect - Yes it's just WMR, do you know how I opt out of steam beta because apparently that is supposed to fix it. Cheers!

In Steam desktop app, hit the dropdown at the top of your library and switch from Games to Tools. Right-click on SteamVR, go to properties/beta, and choose “none (opt out of all betas)” in the dropdown. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Cheers, I'll try that.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@nalex66 - I did that and it's just stuck on Download waiting? Do I have to do something else?

I'm not in the beta but from what I can see it's in the Steam>Settings>Account page

and there you'll find Beta Participation button with 'Change' on it, which you press and select NONE

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

I'm not in the beta but from what I can see it's in the Steam>Settings>Account page

and there you'll find Beta Participation button with 'Change' on it, which you press and select NONE

I'm not in that one either, but this is for Steam VR beta. Problem is when I do what @nalex66 says it just says Download waiting when I opt out of Steam VR beta. Just seem to be stuck there doing nothing.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It should revert to the non-beta version (which involves re-downloading it). Try switching to the download tab to see if it’s proceeding or if it’s just queued for later (Steam recently changed to not always download immediately). 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'll give it a try. Cheers!