cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Devastation

Luuchi
Honored Guest
Arrrghhhh so disappointed with the restriction of songs on Beat Saber... I briefly had access to more many more tunes that were amazing... I 'used' this platform to exercise (I am yoga and Pilates teacher, currently studying psychology) I like my form to be good slow and rhythmic... I don't go for the banging faster songs but now I have no choices left.... Super disappointing!! Particularly as I wanted to focus my MSc in Cyber Psychology research on this type of movement in VR. Feeling frustrated... after access to great songs to having nothing that works does not feel good at all  :neutral: 
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's called copyright infringement.

Birthday_Boy
Honored Guest

Spuzzum said:

if you own a song (CD or Digital) and import in beat saber how is that copyright infringement?

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
It is not about the songs it is about modding Apps and Beat Saber did never allow this. It is like cracking programms. So write to the Beat Saber guys and tell them you want to do some yoga. I am pretty sure the Oculus support can not do anything about it. 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mectron said:

Spuzzum said:

if you own a song (CD or Digital) and import in beat saber how is that copyright infringement?

Unless you actually mapped the songs yourself, then you downloaded from the community. That's copyright infringement. You can't share music over the internet...just ask Napster. Now if Beat Saber made an update that automatically mapped songs you install on your own, from your own collection, or...you map them yourself, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Luuchi
Honored Guest
I was using side quest which someone recommended for additional songs, perhaps I'm too new to this to understand the logistics properly. I assumed this was all above board