cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.42 PTC Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Dash
  • We have added a new search feature within the Dash Store tab. This will allow you to more quickly find the games and apps you’re looking for!

Home
  • When you drop into Home for the first time, you’ll now see a new brief overview of the features and potential of Oculus Home.
  • We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.
  • We have added a new agreement to the UGC upload process. Before a new UGC item can be uploaded for use, you are required to attest that you own this content and that it does not violate any trademarks.
---

Once again, apologies for the delay in getting these posted! If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
63 REPLIES 63

RattyUK
Trustee
I'm on W10 1803...  (just had a forced update from 1703 in the last month or so...) with the latest (a few days ago) Nvidia drivers.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

nalex66
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

Both with Rift S? No problem with my cv1

I’m still on CV1.

dburne said:

kojack said:

I've got the system tray thing too.
I wonder if it's related to windows itself (such as version). I'm on windows 10 ver 18362 in an admin account.

Windows 10 1903 here. Build 18362.88

I’m using Windows 10 v1809, admin account. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe time to update to 1903 and at least nvidia 430.86.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Richooal
Consultant
Mine exits normally.
CV1 + 3 Sensors
Windows 10 1903, Build 18362.388
nvidia 416.94
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent update, now some people will start giving constructive criticism instead of complaining about stupid stuff.

Also, I'm a bit late to the party but the "pull-out windows" function now works perfectly on my laptop (since 1.40 or 1.41),  I used to get the infamous orange box with an exclamation point, but since it's out of experimental state, it's worked great.
Multiple screens, that's just awesome! Now I can play point&click games on one screen, with another screen for my music player next to me, and some pictures opened in windows around me like posters. I can't wait to have enough horsepower to do all that in Elite:Dangerous.
Thank you Oculus!

I can't wait to try out Oculus Link when it's released (if it lives up to the hype). I really want to update my VR equipment but I don't want to leave the Oculus ecosystem behind, and I don't want the Rift-S either.

ageofwar666
Protege
I have a Rift S, ever since my Oculus software updated to 1.42 I have been having constant crashing of the Oculus dashboard. I added some new program to my oculus dashboard and have been unable to get my Rift S working even after restarts and reinstalling the Oculus software 1.41 and 1.42

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe contact Oculus support and start a ticket, including sending them your log files.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ryoeucharist
Honored Guest
hallo i'm using rift s, after update Firmware my display port cannot detected. 
is there a solution here?

KNP54
Heroic Explorer
Mine also when I close Oculus it just minimizes to the system tray... I have to remember to close with the system tray icon so that it switches back to balanced power mode, otherwise the CPU will be stuck at 5GHz wasting all those precious electrons....
Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

KNP54 said:

Mine also when I close Oculus it just minimizes to the system tray... I have to remember to close with the system tray icon so that it switches back to balanced power mode, otherwise the CPU will be stuck at 5GHz wasting all those precious electrons....

Ha, I just leave my conservatively overclocked i9 9900k (water cooled) at 5Ghz (all cores) with a high performance power plan, dam the expense (probably a few $'s per year)! 

The main energy usage comes when playing 3D/VR games/sims which loads up the cpu (and gpu) utalisations and you can see the temps go up (= higher energy demand).  My temps never go above 75degC and drop to 30degC very quickly once the games/sims exit and I go back to low usage apps like MS Office and web surfing.