[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: Process Committed Memory: 6137 MB
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: Process Peak Committed Memory: 6588 MB
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: Process Working Set: 2512 MB
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: Process Peak Working Set: 2512 MB
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: System Committed Memory: 15189 MB
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: System Max Committed Memory: 37804 MB
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: System Physical Memory Used: 7190 MB
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: Driver Version: r430_00 (43086)
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: Dedicated GPU Memory: 8010 MB
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: A crash was detected while running thread: Task Kernel 
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: [Aggregated 1 times] Unblocking monitored fence
[6-15-2019] [21:14:56]: [Aggregated 1 times] CliD3D11CompositorClient::release 1
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Saufy said:

bportjoey said:

dburne said:

Same here - have not been able to run Lone Echo since getting my Rift S. Tried it with CV1 and same result also.
Mine crashes to desktop after about 5-10 minutes.

dburne said:

Same here - have not been able to run Lone Echo since getting my Rift S. Tried it with CV1 and same result also.

Are you overclocking your CPU? If so try adjusting that, that was my issue game runs like a dream now for me

I had overclocked my cpu too but tried default setting... same issue, only lower settings soved it. And i had 90FPS with highest settings. 8700k and RTX 2080 TI 

I will re-install and try lowering my settings some, I have a beefy system and had the graphics maxed out.
Would be a shame if that is what it requires to get it working, but will give a shot here in next day or two and advise.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

dburne said:

Saufy said:

bportjoey said:

dburne said:

dburne said:

Are you overclocking your CPU? If so try adjusting that, that was my issue game runs like a dream now for me

I had overclocked my cpu too but tried default setting... same issue, only lower settings soved it. And i had 90FPS with highest settings. 8700k and RTX 2080 TI 

I will re-install and try lowering my settings some, I have a beefy system and had the graphics maxed out.
Would be a shame if that is what it requires to get it working, but will give a shot here in next day or two and advise.

Try the game with no overclocking at all - if it doesn't work, then it may be some software incompatibility - or else 😉 Lone Echo may be the one game to really push your hardware. SLI isn't supported in VR, and maxing out all settings probably will force your fps below 90 in some places. Otherwise try to lower MSAA slightly - using resolution 2.0 it's not big deal with MSAA - but you do need to activate the temporal antialiasing even when using resolution 2.0. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

dburne said:

Saufy said:

bportjoey said:

dburne said:

dburne said:

Try the game with no overclocking at all - if it doesn't work, then it may be some software incompatibility - or else 😉 Lone Echo may be the one game to really push your hardware. SLI isn't supported in VR, and maxing out all settings probably will force your fps below 90 in some places. Otherwise try to lower MSAA slightly - using resolution 2.0 it's not big deal with MSAA - but you do need to activate the temporal antialiasing even when using resolution 2.0. 

Nope no difference.
Set all graphics to Medium rather than High, same exact issue.
I have played Lone Echo many hours previously with no problem at all.
I may try setting some GFX individually as a last shot, but if still no go I will uninstall this thing for the last time.

I play some way more intensive games - namely combat flight sims like DCS and IL-2, without any hiccup. Also my other Oculus games. The problem is isolated to Lone Echo for me, and obviously I am not the only one.

Keksmania
Explorer
My game crashes right after starting. It ran a bit laggy in the first 2 hours of the game and now it instantly crashes when I load the game.  ( i7-4970k, gtx 1080, 16GB ram) 

Even when I play on low ._.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I gave up and uninstalled it for the final time. Sent a ton of feedback to the devs after each game crash, has my contact info but no word from them at all. Not sure why they even included a feedback option along with contact info after a game crash.
Darn sure won't be purchasing Lone Echo II when it comes out.
I have several VR games and all the rest run just great.
The problem is with Lone Echo.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey gang,
Thought I would re-visit this after a few months and see if anything changed.
Nope, still getting crash to desktop every time at a certain point, usually just after the calibration program crashes and I am back stuck in Pod with Liv talking to her superior about the transfer without Jack,
Right when she realizes Jack is there and comes over to see what happened.
I completely uninstalled Malwarebytes ( Free Edition) to rule that out.

I have several Oculus games that all run great, and a few non Oculus VR games that run great as well.
And of course I have submitted the feedback after each crash multiple times to devs, and never get any feedback on it, so apparently no support for this game whatsoever.

I am attaching the r14 Log file, maybe someone smarter than me might can tell if there is a hint in there of the cause?
I don't know why I keep coming back to try this game, guess mainly the curiosity in me why I have one game that absolutely will not run. Other than that I would just consider it a waste of money and move on.

Thanks for any help,

sford52
Heroic Explorer
The last line of your log file says: "[10-7-2019] [9:37:31]: A crash was detected while running thread: Task Kernel "
Can you go into your EventViewer and locate the event and post it?  The event may be in "WindowsLogs->System event" (Assuming Win 10)

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Anonymous
Not applicable

sford52 said:

The last line of your log file says: "[10-7-2019] [9:37:31]: A crash was detected while running thread: Task Kernel "
Can you go into your EventViewer and locate the event and post it?  The event may be in "WindowsLogs->System event" (Assuming Win 10)

From the Windows Event Viewer:

The description for Event ID 1 from source BugSplat cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
rad
loneecho.exe

sford52
Heroic Explorer
Don, my guess is that the game needs at least a repair, and I would just go whole hog and do a full uninstall, reboot, reinstall. Before going to that extreme you may want to try submitting a ticket to Ready At Dawn.  If you decide to go the uninstall route, I dont know know if Oculus has a formal process to remove a game, at the least I would use the uninstall from your Oculus library. However, if you decide to that, I would first figure out the physical directory location for the game, it will be something like C:\Oculus Apps\Software\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo. Then after you uninstall the game using your Oculus Library, check and confirm the directory is in fact removed from you disk. This step may not be needed, it may be removed by Oculus, or it may be that it doesn't need to be removed I dont know. But, If I were to want to remove it, I would make sure it wasn't on my disk. Also, delete the ready-at-dawn-lone-echo files in the manifests directory C:\Oculus Apps\Manifests\ready-at-dawn-lone-echo.*

At this point the game is gone, uninstalled, removed.

Now, reboot and install it again. Make sure all your anti-virus is off during this install. When you play it again, use a clean system no cpu/gpu overclocking and just one monitor. This may be overkill but it helps the debugging process to start from a known state.

You may want to wait for a more knowledgeable Oculan to chime in, or a response from Ready At Dawn.

Anyway, good luck

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks sford52 for the feedback.
I have done the complete uninstall a few times in last few days, only thing perhaps I did not do was check for and delete any manifests in the Oculus installation directory, guess I could give it all a try again.
I know I deleted everything out of the other directories.